By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think Activision will milk dry the gh series ?

money is money so i think they will.

Around the Network

yes, activision = EA

DMeisterJ said:
Guitar Hero will turn into Smackdown vs Raw
or Madden.

don't forget tony hawk.

To be honest, after playing the group experience that is rock band, it's hard to go back.

MontanaHatchet said:
Guitar Hero DS will flop, I'm sure of it. It seems like a game that would be made for the DS (now instead of a guitar, you can just tap the onscreen dots!) but it's just stupid.

Anyways, it will be released so often that at one point it'll just become a mainstream piece of crap. I think Guitar Hero 4 will probably be the peak of sales for the series, and then you'll see Activision putting the series on the PSP and DS and Cell Phone, and god knows what else!

Guess what, they already have GH on cell phones!!!! LOL my crazy GH friend has it...

Of course they'll milk it...but since they are actually adding a lot of new content I think you will see a lot of people snapping it up quickly. Hell I would probably get GH1/2 again for the Wii if they were to re-release it.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Sqrl said:
Of course they'll milk it...but since they are actually adding a lot of new content I think you will see a lot of people snapping it up quickly. Hell I would probably get GH1/2 again for the Wii if they were to re-release it.

You my friend are part of the problem.  This is why developers don't go through great lengths to optimize a game for any console, especially the Wii, because someone like you will go and buy the game, for no other reason than it being available on the Wii.

/rant

Probably, but a mini drum kit will probably be next to play along side the guitar. :D

Good to see this site is still going 

DMeisterJ said:
Sqrl said:

You my friend are part of the problem. This is why developers don't go through great lengths to optimize a game for any console, especially the Wii, because someone like you will go and buy the game, for no other reason than it being available on the Wii.

/rant

GH is a lot different than other games in the way its updated. They can actually make a full fledged game with entirely new content very rapidly...just because studios like EA make games on a similar schedule without really changing the content at all doesn't mean that all games are held to the same barrier.

It may be very easy for them to put together new song lists but frankly I don't see how it matters if they release one every 18 months or every 6 months if the quality is the same...and in this case I see no reason it wouldn't be.

To Each Man, Responsibility

They're already are: Guitar Hero (2005), Guitar Hero 2 (2006), Guitar Hero Encore:Rock the 80s (June 2007), Guitar Hero 3 (End of 2007). Guitar Hero Aerosmith (June 2008)

Most Likely, Guitar Hero 4 by the end of the year, Plus rumors of additional spin-offs.

Also, having to buy a new guitar everytime a sequel (1, 2 & 3, *not the expansions) comes out.

With what now looks like the upcoming 2+ installements/year in the series, sounds a lot like milking. Though who can argue with 1+ Billion in sales.

I think they will "Milk" it a little, but will not be like EA. I mean They are already looking to compete with rock band:

"Activision and RedOctane have also trademarked the titles "Guitar Villain" and "Drum Villain" as well as "Keyboard Hero", "Drum Hero" and "Band Hero"."

---Sounds like competing to me, and "Villian" sounds kinda creative.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_%28series%29

Source's source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164293.html