By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Taliban laws in Afghanistan MUST SEE!

goulibouli said:
SlayerRondo said:
goulibouli said:
What is it doing on a video game forum?

Why should we have to read this propaganda bullshit outside of mainstream media? (these laws are completely false, and the Taliban were put in place by Americans)

Lets not forger that the Soviets also had a hand in the creation of the Taliban by invading Afghanistan to begin with.

But I don't think these are the laws of the Afghanistani government but that of the Taliban controled areas where the serious religious elements have power to enforce laws derived from Medieval aged morality.

1. This is dishonnest rationalization to mention that because the Soviet invaded Afghanistan amongst many country, it means there's anything okay with the americans weaponizing and setting people as extreme as the Taliban in power, when in fact Soviet supported the Mudjaidin...

2. This is also why I'd like not to read up on ignorant, falacies association outside of mainstream propaganda media...these rules DON'T exist, Taliban are extremists savages who are encouraged by the stated, but they didn't have these rules, not did they have anything to do with religions (as much as the Scientologist have anything to do with it).

I was not rationnalizing anything I was just saying you pianted an incomplete picture of the situation as the Soviets were a factor in the poor situation in the middle east we have today. The US had a history during the cold war as did the soviets of supporting anyone who would take their side no matter how much of a despot they were.

The claim that religion has nothing to do with the taliban is a complete and outright lie that completely suspends any possible understanding of what the Taliban are doing. How can you possibly make the claim that religion does not lead people to commit crimes that they would not otherwise do?

Look at the threats and assassination attempt of Salman Rushdie for writing a book that offended Muslims, the massive protest and deaths that resulted from the publication of a cartoon in Denmark and the death of Theo van Gogh for directing a film criticising Islam and tell me religion does not lead people to commit absurd actions that other than the divine word of god their is no reason for what they did.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
goulibouli said:
SlayerRondo said:
goulibouli said:

Again, what is this propaganda doing here? Can I post racist, islamophobic or antisemitic content completely unrelated to video games and then declare we should go to war in Iran or Korea?

And here we see one of my least favorite terms Islamphobia, being a term made up by Muslims to equate being afraid of a bronze age mythology that many people take seriously to hating people for being homosexual. Their is a difference between attacking a bronze age mythology and a group of people such as muslims.

Race and sexuality are NOT choices that people make, religion is so if a religion tells people to believe in nonsense and suspend their reason I feel that its more than reasonable for myself to be afraid of this.

And yes I know that most Muslims are good people but this does not then mean their religious beliefs are therefore good. And one look at the fact that the vast majority of religious people just happen to believe have the same faith as their parents shows that its something you are indoctrinated into as a child rather than a rational decision and therefore makes little sense to go after people rather than going after religion.

Sure, the US has done some really stupid things in the middle east over time, but this does not mean that there were not serious issues that existed before the US interventions that continue to exist today.

The problem with politics today, is that most people who shouldn't have any credance to even talk about it so much it is delicate and complicated, are so close to what the medias, blogs and think-thanks are spreading as the bullshit that it has become, that there's no difference between the bullshit people say and what journalists say.

The fact that you are bigoted against muslim, like people were racist against jews (and argued that judeophobia was a made term) belongs on FoxNews forum, Daniel Pipes or any other medias/news report/debate forums, but it is polluting quality of informations on a video game board.

I specifically said I was NOT bigoted against Muslims as that is just a convienient label you use to discredit people you dont wish to debate.It would make no sense to hate people for sharing a religion which most of them were born into as that was my own experience until a few years ago.

As for the bit about Foxnews I hate it when I see clips of them attacking one religion then turning around and supporting their own religious nonsense. I am an atheist for fucks sake and that's one group of people whom Foxnews also have a particular hatred for so don;t try lumping me in with them.

Also I would like for you to stop lying by refering to Muslims as a race of people as they are a group of people who share a belief in Islam to varying degrees whom I still do not hate for simply being Muslims. What I stand against is religions and the negative influence I believe they have on people as well as the people who takes their religions to seriously and infringe upon the rights of others.

Where you either win

or you DIE

SlayerRondo said:
goulibouli said:
SlayerRondo said:
goulibouli said:

Why should we have to read this propaganda bullshit outside of mainstream media? (these laws are completely false, and the Taliban were put in place by Americans)

Lets not forger that the Soviets also had a hand in the creation of the Taliban by invading Afghanistan to begin with.

But I don't think these are the laws of the Afghanistani government but that of the Taliban controled areas where the serious religious elements have power to enforce laws derived from Medieval aged morality.

1. This is dishonnest rationalization to mention that because the Soviet invaded Afghanistan amongst many country, it means there's anything okay with the americans weaponizing and setting people as extreme as the Taliban in power, when in fact Soviet supported the Mudjaidin...

2. This is also why I'd like not to read up on ignorant, falacies association outside of mainstream propaganda media...these rules DON'T exist, Taliban are extremists savages who are encouraged by the stated, but they didn't have these rules, not did they have anything to do with religions (as much as the Scientologist have anything to do with it).

I was not rationnalizing anything I was just saying you pianted an incomplete picture of the situation as the Soviets were a factor in the poor situation in the middle east we have today. The US had a history during the cold war as did the soviets of supporting anyone who would take their side no matter how much of a despot they were.

The claim that religion has nothing to do with the taliban is a complete and outright lie that completely suspends any possible understanding of what the Taliban are doing. How can you possibly make the claim that religion does not lead people to commit crimes that they would not otherwise do?

Look at the threats and assassination attempt of Salman Rushdie for writing a book that offended Muslims, the massive protest and deaths that resulted from the publication of a cartoon in Denmark and the death of Theo van Gogh for directing a film criticising Islam and tell me religion does not lead people to commit absurd actions that other than the divine word of god their is no reason for what they did.

You're a cute little bigot in becoming.

The fact that you associated any 1000 y.o religion, it's billions of believers, with a small regimes considered as a sect by most, which has been supported at 90% by the US, like the Saudis, Qataris, Islamists in North Africa, in Syria or Lybia, and then go on to divert toward one writer and politic who have been threatened/killed by few isolated people...shows how ready you are for any racist, xenophobic or bigoted diversion.

I could draw parralel to how antisemite or judeophobes (was this term made up, like Islamophobia is according to you?) a century ago worked exactly the same way...but that would be a lost cause as the weakness of rationality and culture that enabled such easy fallacies and shortcuts to be sold in your mind are the same that makes it worthless to try and explain.

And of course this has nothing to do with the actual relevant critics of extremisms done by knowledgeable people who know what they are talking about thus not making dangerous confusions, I'm talking about the words you're using (or rather repeating) and how it is what leads to spruious association or just racism.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

goulibouli said:
SlayerRondo said:
goulibouli said:
SlayerRondo said:
goulibouli said:

You're a cute little bigot in becoming.

The fact that you associated any 1000 y.o religion, it's billions of believers, with a small regimes considered as a sect by most, which has been supported at 90% by the US, like the Saudis, Qataris, Islamists in North Africa, in Syria or Lybia, and then go on to divert toward one writer and politic who have been threatened/killed by few isolated people...shows how ready you are for any racist, xenophobic or bigoted diversion.

I could draw parralel to how antisemite or judeophobes (was this term made up, like Islamophobia is according to you?) a century ago worked exactly the same way...but that would be a lost cause as the weakness of rationality and culture that enabled such easy fallacies and shortcuts to be sold in your mind are the same that makes it worthless to try and explain.

It seems that you like to begin all your comments with name calling as to try and get people on side before the rest of your comment which is completely misleading.

Firstly the age of a religion or its numbers of supporters lend absolutely zero credence to the truth of its claims. Yes a number of governments take advantage of the religion to abuse and control their populations through ignorance, which is one of the reasons why I despise such religions. But the threats and protest were conducted by a large number of people throughout the world and the vast majority of these people were GOOD people who were calling on mass for censorship, retaliation and violence because of the currupting influence of their religion.

And Islamaphobe, unlike antisemite, does not refer to a group of people as you can clearly see in the name where it says ISLAM as opposed to MUSLIM. If it were refering to peoples fear of Muslims it would of been Muslimaphobe as opposed to Islamaphobe which refers to people fear of Islam, being a, thousand year old religion with over a billion believers.

I hate the belief, not the believer.

Where you either win

or you DIE

Alright, we've run our course here.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.