By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Some manga fans on this site? What are your favourites?

My favorites are thus:
Maison Ikkoku
Berserk
City Hunter

And I have too much manga already. I didn't have time to read them all anyway (mostly because I hate those that I didn't read, like Kimagure Orange Road). I don't even have time to catch up to Berserk, the last I have is the 26 volume, but I'll surely catch up some day.
Most of my manga are original japanese ones too.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
lol, I'm only 19, so I win. ;)

I saw City Hunter picture when I googled it, Almost made me throw up. Jackie Chan has NO BUSINESS playing him.

City Hunter is HILARIOUS!!! man, I need to buy those manga again! I need to find out who write it. Edit: OH give me a break about liking SailorMoon, I was like 7 and it was not that bad, an anime that doesn't really force the whole "sex' upon you (or maybe I was just too young to know any better). lol

@Kingofwale

The guy who created City Hunter is Tsukasa Hojo the same who created Cat's Eye, Angel Heart (quite obvious) and lots of great mangas like Family Compo (I strongly recommend this one), Komorebi no moto de (Under the Dapple Shade).

And don't be ashamed by Sailor Moon, it's a really good and deep manga full of symbolism and mature themes it's just the anime and it's american censorship which turned it to a fluffy, childish story.

Other mangas I have : Angel Sanctuary, Clover, Please Save my Earth, Video Girl Ai, I's, Ayashi no Ceres, SaiKano (IMHO manga is better than the anime), Imadoki, Kagome Kagome, Kirara, Chobits, Love Hina (the only one I regret buying), Maison Ikkoku (stellar, even better than the anime), Azumanga Daioh, Darling wa namamono ni tsuki (My Darling, My Flesh). Last three are great if you need a really good laugh.

In Order:

Top 5

Naruto
Bleach
Dragon Ball
One Piece
Fullmetal Alchemist

Shaman King

My favourite are : One Piece, GTO, Slamdunk

I am so jealous that a lot of members read more of the Berserk manga than me :s;...

@Magnific0

Yeah I agree Berserk Rulezzzz!

Around the Network

One Piece
Hajime no Ippo
Claymore
NANA
Rosario+Vampire
D. Grayman
Worst

I haven't read a whole lot of different ones, but Video Girl Ai and Naruto were ones that I liked enough to actually go out and buy.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

quigontcb said:
I haven't read a whole lot of different ones, but Video Girl Ai and Naruto were ones that I liked enough to actually go out and buy.

Ever tried I's?  It is from the same mangaka :).

konnichiwa said:
quigontcb said:

Ever tried I's? It is from the same mangaka :).

No I haven't, but I would certainly be open to it, seeing as how I love Video Girl Ai so much.

Just checked it out on wikipedia, sounds like I'd enjoy it. Thanks for the heads-up. :) 

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

I have the first 100 and something shonen jumps, I stopped reading when I turned 13.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive