By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - how does itunes work?

1. is legal? 2. can i sign up to download itunes and buy music from the store using the itunes gift cards (at my retail store it sells itunes gift cards = $20, $40, $50, $100)? i don't have a credit card

Around the Network

Yes it's legal.

Yes you can use giftcards for Itunes.

you pop on, search for a song, click download. And it will charge your card, I use a credit card but I assume they have some means of redeeming or charging your Itunes card.

Edit: looking at my Itunes, it says you don't need a credit card to redeem a gift card, you just have to enter your gift card's info. 

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

1 duh
2 yes, but just use Limewire (its free)

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Limewire is free but to some extent it is illegal......Just to let you know...;)

Yes, it is Legall
and yes if you don't have a credit card then yes, use the ITunes Giftcards
i heard that u can get them at costco for cheap like 5 bucks off

Around the Network

how much does itunes and limewire and other file-sharing programs effect the music industry?

the music companies has to authorise the music rights to companies like itunes don't they?

also with itunes if you buy a $100 gift card to register and download songs and it runs out how do you recharge? obviously you buy a new gift card than what else happens?

1. Yes it's legal.

2. iTunes Gift Cards FAQ: http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store/giftcard/