By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Good, Bad, and Ugly from GameInformer

Good:

EA is starting a free online play business model, and the first annouced game is Battlefield heros from DICE and will be available this summer.

Entertainment Software Association president Mike Gallagher intends to make the video game industry's voice heard in Washington the only way you can - by waving around lots of money.

Bionic Commando Rearmed will be downloadable title for the 360, PS3, and PC.  Those who beat Rearmed will also be able to unlock content in the new Bionic Commando, slated for release before the end of 2008

Bad:

THQ is pulling the plug on The Juiced and Stuntman franchise, also PS3 version of Frontlines: Fuel of War and Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed for the PS2.

Wisconsin state senator is suggesting to add one percent surcharge to video games to offset rising juvenile justice systems costs.

Ugly:

Regarding GH3 on PS3 guitar not being compatible to RockBand.  It turns out that it's Activision who seems to be holding things up by demanding more money.

Nintendo announces it's new Wii release schedule, and not only has SSBB been delayed until March, but entire Wii linup for 2008 is lacking in solid first-party titles.   SSBB, Mario Kart, and Wii Fit are the only titles showing up on the docket.

"I wasn't expecting that Wii would be a console targeted only for non-gamers.  I expected more games for hardcore gamers.  The reality is different to what I expected.  -No more Heroes' creator Suda 51 on the Wii.

Also, rumored:  Jade Empire's sequel is being worked on by BioWare for 360, and hopefully for PS3.

Microsoft might be interested in taking over peripheral manufacturer Logitech.

Some are old news here but still interesting - especially the quote from Suda 51 

Around the Network

Oh sh*t, all I saw was "Brawl" and "delayed" and freaked out for a second.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I have a hard time believing BioWare is working on a new Jade Empire...

So far, we know that they are working on these games:
- Mass Effect 2
- Baldur's Gate 3
- KOTOR3
- Sonic RPG
- An MMO

That's a hell of a lot of games for one developer.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

We already know of Kirby and Animal Crossing games on track for 08. And Pikmin 3 as well? I forget.

Also, Disaster should come out this year.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )