By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamrreview: Why Mario Kart Needs Change - Article

http://www.gamrreview.com/article/91532/why-mario-kart-needs-change/

This article pretty much explain why I was a huge fan of Double Dash even thought with the new tech, Mario Kart 8 plays better. I believe one of those changes should be a track editor as a DLC mode. Mario Kart 8 is one hell of a game and probably one of the most balance Mario Karts out there, but I do hope they change things up with added DLC.

PS: I hope they bring back the Double Dash feature in Mario Kart 8 as a separate mode. :)

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

I hated having two people on my Kart in Double dash. Haters gonna hate.

KylieDog said:
It implies Double Dash was a good game. Credibility out the window.

Anybody that doesn't credit DD!! as the best entry in the series needs to take a good long look at themselves.

I'm guessing your favorite was 64?

spemanig said:

Which is why I feel it should be an option. Single kart racing and tag team kart racing. Its always nice to have option.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Suke said:
spemanig said:

Which is why I feel it should be an option. Single kart racing and tag team kart racing. Its always nice to have option.

I'd be very down with that. I'd even be down with both of them being in the same race, if they where balanced.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
KylieDog said:

Anybody that doesn't credit DD!! as the best entry in the series needs to take a good long look at themselves.

I got your back, NP! Double Dash is an amazing, addictive game. One of my personal favorites :)

@OP: I agree with the spirit of the article, although the final section on battle mode could have been edited out. It's just not a very fun mode, and it being different doesn't change or mitigate that fact. Still, I concur that frequent retooling is good for an evergreen franchise like Mario Kart. It's especially true for 8, which feels rebuilt from the ground up. It might share some similarities with Wii and 7, but it plays like something brand new. 

I think that's part of Nintendo's magic. It might not create a lot of new IPs, but it does create brand new experiences within existing IPs. Mario Kart 8 is a perfect example of that.

I liked Mario Kart on SNES and then on the Wii and then Wii U

All the rest I tried but didn't get into... so were not for me. Not the right time, not the right mood, not the right feel... whatever

NintendoPie said:
KylieDog said:

No way! Double Dash!! was slow and the drifting was really awkward :C

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I think DD is terrible...
I'm not opposed to bringing back the tandem idea if it remains entirely optional...

Have a nice day...

radishhead said:

No way! Double Dash!! was slow and the drifting was really awkward :C

You should be banned again.

You are making a reputation for yourself, Mr. "Justice."