By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - BREAKING NEWS: “Game Over” For Game Stop Gunmen

spurgeonryan said:
Xenostar said:

How about not screaming, quielty walking back into quiznos and calling the police, while taking the license plate number through the window. 

You can defend taking a life over video games all you want tho. You will never convince me its right. Suppose we should just be tankfully the histerical gun owner is a good shot and he didnt shoot an innocent person in the shopping area.

When they escape and kill someone else. That blood is on your hands.

They never intended to kill anyone, I'm pretty sure of that. As I'm sure that they would have been caught within 5 minutes had that moron just called the police using his phone. To kill somebody over an XBox is so horrible and inhuman, and so wrong on many levels. No person deserves to die a violent death, especially not over Kinect Sports Rivals...

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Callum_Alexander said:

You can capitalise the word all you want, but my morals aren't false and quite frankly for you to suggest so is both disrespectful and rude. If somebody had me at gunpoint, as I said above, I would try and defend myself by non-lethal means, whether that be running, tackling them, or talking my way out. I may not survive the situation, but just because somebody else is willing to do something bad doesn't mean I have the right to do that thing also.

My morals are based upon what I have learned throughout my life so far, and what I have been taught by my peers. I know that killing is wrong even if it means I risk death myself, just as theft is wrong even if it betters my own position in life. There is no point believing something if you lack conviction in that belief. My morals may seem extreme, but what is the point in following any moral code if you don't truly believe it?

Ok then. I guess you really would die. What if they were killing others? Would your morals let them die?

That's a very good and difficult question, but again it would be the same situation and I would have to try non-lethal means. It would be FAR more difficult, but my methods are more likely to be successful if the assailant is otherwise engaged. As I said before, my morals are absolute. Thankfully I live in the UK where gun laws are strict and seeing an armed Police Officer, let alone an armed criminal, is a rare occurrence.

spurgeonryan said:
Xenostar said:

How about not screaming, quielty walking back into quiznos and calling the police, while taking the license plate number through the window. 

You can defend taking a life over video games all you want tho. You will never convince me its right. Suppose we should just be tankfully the histerical gun owner is a good shot and he didnt shoot an innocent person in the shopping area.

When they escape and kill someone else. That blood is on your hands.

It really isnt.

Edit:

By that logic we should kill every american that owns a gun, because if they kill somone, the blood is on your hands. No one can be held accountable for the action of others.

Well, thanks Lord no innocent bystanders were hurt. He's such a hero. /sarcasm

Seriously, I'm pretty sure this would be considered murder in most (civilized) countries in the world.

Its pretty sad to see people defending thives and armed robbers. Is this really what america has become?

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
Its pretty sad to see people defending thives and armed robbers. Is this really what america has become?

Im not defnding them, they should be caught and put in prison. Defending a death sentance for robbery is what america has become. 

Mmmfishtacos said:

So anyone who steal deserves to lose their life, huh? He stole some fucking video games, we all make mistakes, we're all human and no one knows why they decided to do this. It's ridiculous you think someone deserves to die because he stole a fucking Xbox.

Xenostar said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

Im not defnding them, they should be caught and put in prison. Defending a death sentance for robbery is what america has become. 

You are. If he would never had the gun he would be in jail.  Or you know got a job instead of stealing he'd still be alive 

Mmmfishtacos said:
Xenostar said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

You are. If he would never had the gun he would be in jail.  Or you know got a job instead of stealing he'd still be alive 

Nobody is defending robbery, but it is awful that there are people defending murder in public places, and putting innocent lives at risk just so they can satisfy their bloodlust by killing a guy who stole a console. 

Daisuke72 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

So anyone who steal deserves to lose their life, huh? He stole some fucking video games, we all make mistakes, we're all human and no one knows why they decided to do this. It's ridiculous you think someone deserves to die because he stole a fucking Xbox.

People make there choices, he chose to steal and not only that do it with a loaded wepon. He should have know his chance of death, it was his choice and it didnt work in his favor.