By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you buy Mario Kart 8 on ps3/x360 or ps4/XOne?(poll)

Would you buy MK8 if it was available on you're system of choice?

Yes i would buy it on a c... 181 28.37%

Yes i would buy it on a l... 24 3.76%

Wii-U is my main system s... 353 55.33%

No i'm not interested in MK8 80 12.54%

Total:638

I wont buy it. Back when I had a gameboy advance I played mario kart, and I didn't like it.

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Nintendo is not doomed yet. And Mario kart 8 is fun. And using the gamepad as a wheel is pretty fun. 

I would've bought the PS4 version for sure If it was a multiplatform game. I got it for my WiiU anyway, but it would've been nice not having to buy a WiiU just to enjoy MK8 and 2-3 more games I'm interested in. Also, my economic situation is quite stable, but it's obvious that a lot of gamers will think twice before buying a second or third console just for a few games they like. I actually agree with those who say that Nintendo should quit "tailoring" their own home consoles and start releasing their awesome games on other platforms. Everyone would be satisfied if that was the case, starting with Nintendo since they'd make a lot of money, except Nintendo's most enthusiastic fans of course.

BTW nice to meet you, people of vgchartz

UndauntedWizdom said:

I'd pick it up on PS4. I have a 6 years old son. He'd play it until something better released on Tuesday.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Just out of curiousity what better game would your 6 year old be playing? Seems like this game is perfect for 6 year olds

Hells to the no.  Out of those that I've played, the series is one of my least favorite racers, if not least favorite.

Around the Network

Ok I had enough of this talk. Why is it people constantly say I want Nintendo games on other consoles, or Nintendo needs to go third party. If you like Nintendo games buy their consoles stop wishing and hoping. Nintendo wants to make games and consoles their way, either you dont like their product and not buy it or you do like it.You can't have both ways. I blame game "journalists" for this,their concept on reality is ridiculous.The video game industry is free market just like everything else.
This kind of talk is like saying" I love McDonald's fries but do not like their hamburgers I wish they would just allow burger king to make their fries" or "I love the hemi engine dodge has but do not like their car designs why cant they just put in ford of chevy's cars/trucks".
Get the pitcure now these wishes are just wishes Nintendo has way they want to make games in the gaming industry, just like Sony and Microsoft have theirs, either you like them or you don't. So just stop the nonsense

I'd pick it up eventually out of curiosity.... but I say that about a lot of games, so maybe not.

DolPhanTendo said:

Ok I had enough of this talk. Why is it people constantly say I want Nintendo games on other consoles, or Nintendo needs to go third party. If you like Nintendo games buy their consoles stop wishing and hoping. Nintendo wants to make games and consoles their way, either you dont like their product and not buy it or you do like it.You can't have both ways. I blame game "journalists" for this,their concept on reality is ridiculous.The video game industry is free market just like everything else.
This kind of talk is like saying" I love McDonald's fries but do not like their hamburgers I wish they would just allow burger king to make their fries" or "I love the hemi engine dodge has but do not like their car designs why cant they just put in ford of chevy's cars/trucks".
Get the pitcure now these wishes are just wishes Nintendo has way they want to make games in the gaming industry, just like Sony and Microsoft have theirs, either you like them or you don't. So just stop the nonsense

It's not nonsense. It's what a LOT of gamers, aka nintendo's potential customers, think. What you're reading here are just ps4/x1 gamers' opinions. In a business, you can't just say "have it our way, or don't buy our product", which you are suggesting, or "what's wrong with you?" to your potential customers. THAT is nonsense, and that's what condemned Nintendo to their current situation. Would it really make that much of a difference if MK8 ran on ps/xbox/pc? Of course not, except for better antialiasing and resolution. If Nintendo refuses to go third party, there's the concrete risk that they'll stop making games to start something completly different (QoL?), and that can't be something ninty fans are hoping for.

impertinence said:
Conina said:
MohammadBadir said:
Lots of people love Nintendo games but hate Nintendo systems for some reason.

Probably because most Nintendo 1st party games are great but Nintendo hardware is mediocre at best.

Games are great despite mediocre hardware? So you are more interested in great hardware than great games? 

No, I never wrote that. Please learn to read.

I'm interested in great games. But if a great game is available for several platforms and I have a choice, I get the best version of that game (in most cases it is the version for the strongest hardware, but sometimes the prettiest version has some other flaws).

kreznik said:
DerpSandwich said:
kreznik said:
DerpSandwich said:
Dulfite said:
It is rather remarkable how many of the Xbox and PlayStation players there are that still love Nintendo's games despite not owning their console. If Nintendo ever does go third party, honestly I think their software would climb to insane heights.

Dude, you're completely right.  They've got a whole world full of people that want to play their games; it's just that too many of them don't feel like shelling out three hundred bucks just to be able to do it, and I can't say I blame them.  Nintendo would make the most ridiculous amounts of money if they went third party.

Sony and Microsoft too.

Microsoft and Sony already don't have to struggle to get people to buy their consoles.  I don't see how they would benefit as much as Nintendo would.

Weren't we talking about making money? Halo 5 would sell twice as much or maybe a little more if going third party, the same for Uncharted or God of War. And since Sony is losing money like crazy it wouldn't be a bad idea to going third party (and I know that their PS division is doing good financially). Actually, it is more possible that we see the video game divisions of MS or Sony going third party first than Nintendo. Also, don't forget how good 3DS is selling and how Vita is struggling globally (wasn't Sony not struggling to get people to buy their consoles? Or will we say conveniently that portable consoles doesn't count when it comes to judge the situation of both companies?), we aren't talking about a critical situation for Nintendo here. Even in the GameCube era the system was selling at a profit since the beginning and the GameBoy Advance did it real good too.

Who knows, maybe the next generation Nintendo would be back on top of the sales again or maybe not (who would have thought back in 2005 that the DS and that project Revolution would be the sales phenomenon that they were?) Maybe Sony will win this generation (in home consoles of course), maybe not, this is just getting started.

Guess I just disagree.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9