By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft's E3 - Examining the worst case scenario

Based off rumours coming out of various sources, it seems clear Microsoft will, in its own right, have a strong E3.  However, there is a substantial difference between have a strong E3 and knocking it out of the park.  Despite making great strides in recent months, Microsoft's Xbox One still has a lot to prove.

With the recent delay of Quantum Break, we're faced with the potential for an E3 centred, in all liklihood, on a remastered Halo and Forza Horizon 2.  I have no doubt that these games will be excellent, and that they have a market to sell too - and combined with third parties they would provide Microsoft with a decent showing. But whatever our differences, most on these forums would acknowledge that Microsoft should be looking for more than a 'decent' showing at this E3.  Certainly it will be strengthened by Sunset Overdrive.  Feedback so far has been universally positive - though we've not seen that much.

How likely do you feel it is that this is all Microsoft will have?  What would be the implications of only having a decent showing?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I'm hoping for some amazing rare games like viva pinata 3 and banjo threeie buts thats just my opinion.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

didn't major nelson say that this years E3 would be "more of a roadmap" or something like that. between 2015 and 2016 titles there should be plenty to show.

kitler53 said:
didn't major nelson say that this years E3 would be "more of a roadmap" or something like that. between 2015 and 2016 titles there should be plenty to show.

I didnt see that?  Thats the sort of thing that can go either way.  As long as the road map includes a substantial list of games with some major exclusive content, that'd be fine.

I don't see anything wrong with the list you have shown them having. even if thats all they have or they have some more than that its ok. There is no way they can have a strong showing unless they announce something big like FF15, GTA6..etc as an exclusive to XBO. But I don't even feel showing lots of games is a "decent"showing, I think its a really good showing; not explosive but really good.

Around the Network

I'm not expecting much 1st party powerhouse releases for Fall 2014 for either the XBO or PS4. I don't get why these consoles have even sold this much this early. I could see some of the core doing it out of habit, but not everyone else. Are people just buying these to say they have them? My cousin has all 3 next gen systems and all he plays is Diablo 3 on his PC. Anecdotal, yes, but when games announced last E3 aren't coming out until 2015, what should we expect of games announced this time around ...?

I think this e3 will be more centered on sunset the halo 2 and frozah2. I'm also expecting a few surprises with one to release this year

starcraft said:
kitler53 said:

I didnt see that?  Thats the sort of thing that can go either way.  As long as the road map includes a substantial list of games with some major exclusive content, that'd be fine.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/microsoft-xbox-one-e3-conference-to-focus-on-2015-and-beyond-1

“What’s exciting about E3 is that you’re going to get a taste of what this year is, but also hopefully a little bit of a longer roadmap.”

Looks like it was keighley on larry's pod cast or something.  i'm on an ipad so there is only so much i can edit into a post without a lot of effort. 

I would be super disappointed if that's all they show. The X1 needs lots of help and if MS doesn't show anything new, then gamers won't buy the X1. Basically E3 is very important because MS needs to convince gamers to get an X1, and that isn't an easy thing to do when its had such a rocky first year all the way back to its launch last year.
They still have the chance to turn the X1 around but they need to do it fast before the PS4 takes most of the marketshare.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

kitler53 said:
starcraft said:
kitler53 said:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/microsoft-xbox-one-e3-conference-to-focus-on-2015-and-beyond-1

“What’s exciting about E3 is that you’re going to get a taste of what this year is, but also hopefully a little bit of a longer roadmap.”

Looks like it was keighley on larry's pod cast or something.  i'm on an ipad so there is only so much i can edit into a post without a lot of effort. 

I missed that, thanks!