By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U Outsells Xbox One

Seece said:
It is amazing what a bump for ONE week can do to peoples opinions. Completely ignore the previous 80 odd weeks, a bump on the debut of arguably WiiU's biggest ever commercial game and hello, 1st place ahoy!!

Seriously, what are you gonna say in 2 weeks when Wiiu is dropping and XB1 rises due to price cut "THE TABLES HAVE TURNED YET AGAIN"

This gen is set in stone by a country mile, there will be 30m gaps between WiiU, XB1 and PS4

So you expect the XBO to sell ~50 Million (20+30) and the PS4 to sell ~80 Million (50+30)?

Interesting. I agree with the XBO prediction, but not with the PS4 one.

Around the Network

WiiU has made it difficult for the X1 to pass it this year, but it will happen eventually and i suspect the X1 to outsell the WiiU 2 to 1 when all is said and done.

Dulfite said:
As a Nintendo fanatic, all I care about is beating Sony and the destruction of Apple. Microsoft doesn't really cause me any emotion. Now, if Microsoft starts making legit Banjo games then I will be ticked off and view them as an enemy too. Legit Banjo games need to be with Nintendo.

well that aint happening but you always have portables

Torillian said:
FromDK said:
Torillian said:

I think your analysis is colored by your opinions on the PS1.  I doubt most would agree with your assessment that the only game it had of worth was Wipeout.  I guess the only way to get a decent handle on this would be to get a record of when these consoles were hacked and what their sales were compared to the competition at that point.  I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of those consoles were already winning their respective generations before being hacked, and that's actually why they were the most likely to get hacked, because of the popularity.  But until we have some records of when these hacks occurred it's really all just conjecture.  

I was there :)

And believe me when i say.. i liked the ps1 a lot.. And i had all the (good) games for it) Wipeout, ridgeracer.. metal slut, MK and also got crash (i liked that very much) but compared to N64 and Saturn not that much.. and as i say.. the turning point.. not only saleswise, but also good "presswise" was the chip.

But i don't want to go in a big argue on piracy.. just staing that there are a lot of "gamechangers" waiting to happen yet. (The point was that it's to early to judge who will win this gen)

Richard_Feynman

You don't think pirates has the effect.. it's ok..

And sorry for the spelling (i'm danish) hope you get the point :)

You were there (me too btw) but you are a single person using the opinions of your friends as a standard for the opinions and motivations of the entire world.  You have to see how that makes absolutely no sense from a statistics standpoint if you have any handle on how math works.  Hell I might take your word for how the press for the PS1 changed in your region, and maybe hacking was the reason that it won where you were, but I can't take that as evidence for hacking being the reason the PS1 won globally.  

Mayby they had still won.. i give you that.. But my point was that piracy matter (a lot) and that is a fact (imo)

But nice talking to you.. :)

SnK0610 said:
Mario Kart 8 was a major reason for the Wii U sales boost.

It's interesting to see how the sales will be for both consoles

A few months from now.

Are all 204 of your posts basically this? You keep repeating yourself.

Around the Network
Seece said:
SnK0610 said:
Mario Kart 8 was a major reason for the Wii U sales boost.

It's interesting to see how the sales will be for both consoles

A few months from now.

Are all 204 of your posts basically this? You keep repeating yourself.

You also keep repeating yourself every new post.

You keep saying the same xbox one fanatic opinions 

By saying the Wii U has no chance.

I'm saying maybe you are right.

but you could also be wrong.

Xbox one will probably sell more units becuase of the third party support.

On the other hand The wii U has advantage over the Xbox one by almost 2 million units.

And the Xbox one is not doing very well right now.

So you can never know what will eventually happen.

bubblegamer said:
WiiU has made it difficult for the X1 to pass it this year, but it will happen eventually and i suspect the X1 to outsell the WiiU 2 to 1 when all is said and done.

Shouldnt be hard if WiiU sells 15-20mil. I think X1 at 45-55mil is a safe bet.

For the year if X1 surpasses wiiu this year it will be no earlier than Oct imo. Do we have release dates on anything majir for X1+WiiU currently? I cant think of any

It's anybody's game now. Nintendo has the cheap console and the BIG reveals are coming in a few days at E3. It will be difficult to keep this momentum, but it is actually possible.

FromDK said:
Torillian said:
FromDK said:

The last thing to point out.. is piracy.. the most pirated console has always won (ps1, ps2, wii, ds) and homebrewers can do a lot of nice things with the power and second screen on WiiU.

Don't you think you're reversing the true causality there?  Isn't it more likely that the most popular console (the winner) is the one most pirated because it's the most popular, and not the other way around?

It has a effect offcourse.. But no i don't think so.. :)

PS1.. it had no games (other than wipeout) and almost all i know back then had either (or waited to buy it) N64 or Saturn.. IN the momement when we could get a chip for ps1.. All wanted a ps1

PS2.. could had won whitout the chip.. (and dreamcast was chipped to) but it did'nt hurt is saleswise thats 100% sure

Wii.. Wii was a litle the same.. and i bet a lot of the wii's sold after usb load/hack was out, was becourse of that

DS.. same DS would not hat reached 100 mill, if it wassent so easy to pirate..

I'm in that believe that pirates can really help a console.. it generate a lot of HW sale.. and some games too (buy it real or we ban you.. ms) or if the game is really good and have "extras" 

But the biggest "piracy sells games" is that a lot more people see the machine and games, and like it, and are not pirates them self (i think a lot of DS was sold that way) 

You can't burn blue ray discs like you could DVD.

I don't know any console at the moment that can be pirated.

Seece said:

$80 price cut, not Mario kart. You're vastly over estimating Mario Karts power here

WiiU isn't going to tell to anyone but Nintendo fans if all it has is an exclusive coming out once every few months and no third party to prop up the library.

No the price cut came months before MK7 and gave the 3DS a one or two week bump then sales dropped again, MK7 is what trigger the 3DS to sell decently as it gave it momentum and was then follow by other games like SM3DL, MH4, KH and all. No third party yet funny enough it so far looks like the only console with numerous releases in the run up to the holiday time and games you can't get elsewhere giving it its own identity, X1 has third party games but people are clearly opting for the PS4 versions which hurts it far more as that's meant to be a major strength of the platform. The Wii U doesn't tell fans Nintendo's Marketing does like it did with MK8, I don't think X1 and Wii U will be that far apart at all as sales go as normally it's one main console does well in a gen while the other two are neck and neck.