By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is one Wii Wheel for Mario Kart not enough or are the pointless pish?

http://www.amazon.com/DreamGear-Wii-Micro-Wheel/dp/B000TTO6NO/ref=pd_rhf_f_t_cs_2

I've always laughed at these stupid add ons but are these third parties going to finally have their day?  I pesonally feel that as guns did not sell when Ghost Squad and REUC didn't sell as Links Crossbow training had a zapper bundled for a bargain price then these wheels etc wont sell. 

On the other hand I cant help but think that if Links crossbow training had been as big as multiplayer as Mario Kart and was one of - if not the biggest game of the year then some (not the masses obviously) would be tempted to pick a second up (imagine a mother having 2 young kids and dont want them fighting over who gets the gun).  I wont buy a second but I will give the wheel a go as I think that looking a fool is part of the fun with the Wii but three people at work have already asked me how many wheels you get with Mario Kart and do you think they will sell them seperately (mind you one of them has a Wii lightsaber already), anyone think that in the next few months we are going to see more sales of these Wii'l's (sorry couldn't resist) or just more third party crap rip offs like the one above?

Around the Network

Wait how is this wheel different from the one in excite truck?

what wheel in excite truck? I didn't get a wheel with excite truck

Meh.. probably not. There has been a wheel accessory for the Wii since the very beginning and it didn't sell nor did that allegedly (I haven't played it) horrible Need For Speed game. When MKW comes out, it will probably have any number of control schemes.. you may not need the wheel at all.

Me said:
It is a black wheel here is a pic. I never got excite truck but when I got my wii there was a box on the bottom of the wii area of the glass cases and it had a steering wheel  with the cover of excite truck on it. Here is the wii wheel http://kotaku.com/gaming/wii/wii-wheel-selling-solo-for-20-220337.php Its similar.

Around the Network

It's got all control schemes and thats fine for me but loved excite trucks wii mote on the side (even without a wheel with my version) and thats what i'll go for.

It just amazed me how many wii owners at work are actually that hyped they'll probably have at least one extra wheel before they pick the game up at launch.

Off Topic for UK - HMV are taking pre orders online already without any deposit down as thats where my work colleagues have ordered their copy from and i'm ordering mine today.

sc94597 said:
Me said:
It is a black wheel here is a pic. I never got excite truck but when I got my wii there was a box on the bottom of the wii area of the glass cases and it had a steering wheel  with the cover of excite truck on it. Here is the wii wheel http://kotaku.com/gaming/wii/wii-wheel-selling-solo-for-20-220337.php Its similar.

I remember the wheel and I remember getting it free with Monster Trucks and I think it was called GT Racing or something but I never bought them games. 

I bought Excite trucks at launch and I never got a Wheel of any sort - just the game, cant believe you've never played excite trucks - it's a great game (in fact thats what i'm gonna play this weekend).

i think the wheel will actually be better than just using the wiimote on its side. mainly because it allows you to push the b button more easily. (its got a huge button at the back which presses the b button)

however, ive heard that using the wii and nunchuck is easier, so i wont be buying any wheels. ill just use the wiimote and nunchuk combo.

sc94597 said:
Me said:

Excite Truck was never packed with a Wheel add-on. It was GT Pro Series and Monster 4X4 World Circuit. A couple of crummy racers Ubisoft published. They added the wheel because the games were generally perceived as worthless.

On the topic of "Wii Wheels" I got a cheap 3rd Part one for $10 some time back and it is actually helpful for beginners who try Excite Truck. An actual steering wheel helps them to realize the control boundaries more easily so they don't try turning the remote upside down trying to turn sharper. =P

On a personal level, I like it, I think it adds a little more arcade-ish feel to experience. Certainly not essential by any measure, but I got the damn thing cheap enough.

the gun attachments are selling

EXTREMELY well

especially nyko's perfect shot- it is ALWAYS out of stock at amazon.com-of course it is currently IN stock now

the perfectshot is better than the "official tommy gun" alot of shooters at GDC were using it