By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What number will be the (final) final fantasy.

FF13, I think after the next uber budget FF game launches and barely recoups the development cost squarenix will continue with its tried and true method of remaking and spinning off every FF game that didn't suck and FF7 as well.

Around the Network
cwbys21 said:
They will probably end it with 29. Think about it, would they want to release Final Fantasy XXX?
I was just about to say, Final Fantasy XXX would be the last one they make, because SE will go bankrupt after they are sued for false advertising.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I don't think Square will ever stop making numbered Final Fantasies willingly. A more realistic scenario is they go bankrupt and get dissolved into another company, that isn't as passionate about the series and stops it themselves. It's like Nintendo just stopping Mario games. It won't happen unless the company goes under. They've basically said it themselves.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I think they gotta go for 40, at least.
How bad ass would it look,
FINAL FANTASY XL
if not that, then we'll end up w/ FF ∞

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

blaydcor said:
I think they gotta go for 40, at least.
How bad ass would it look,
FINAL FANTASY XL

if not that, then we'll end up w/ FF ∞

Hey how did you get the infinity sign.

Around the Network

until they are no longer profitable

Random r = new Random();
int final = r.nextInt(100000)+12;

System.out.println("Final Fantast " + final + " will be the last in the series.");

I have a feeling they will go for a name change after XIV, Nintendo stopped making numbered Mario's decades ago! FF will do the mario.

something like:
- Super Final Fantasy I, II, III
- Ultimate Fantasy I, II, III
- Neverending Fantasy I, II, III
- Illusion of Fantasy I, II, III
- Children of Fantasy I, II, III
- Final Fantasy Swords I, II, III
- Cloud's Final Fantasy I, II, III...

FFXX

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

I can't see the spinoffs ever ending and I think the main series will get one more per generation so XIII for this gen and the ps4 will get XIV, ps5 will get XV etc... Tons and tons off spinoffs