By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - DS PLAYER FOR Wii

I have rumor of this, Could someone share some light on the subject. I heard a rumr that the Big N was creating a DS player for the Wii..True false? If so does this mean the PSP might link up to the PS3 or does it allready???

If so I might have to get  a PSP and or a player for each??

Around the Network

I don't see it happening, mapping dual screens + touchscreen to the Wii would be a very interesting design issue.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I think you're a bit confused. The DS will have connectivity with the Wii, with games like Pokemon, and I'm sure many others to come late this year but probably next year. It's possible that you could use your DS to directly control events in a Wii game, but it's not going to be a "DS Player" in the same sense as the GB player for the GC.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I think he's thinking the GBA basestation style thing for the GameCube.

But DS basestation for the Wii... or something. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

A DS player would be great. Or just a new Gameboy Player for Wii would also be great. But for DS with the touch screen I dont see it happening. Although I do expect games to use the DS for a controller.

Around the Network

Nintendo said in an interview that they tried it, and it didn't turn out as well as they had hoped, so they cancelled. :o

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.