By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does PS4 need a system seller this year?

WIll the PS4 be fine without The Order?

Yes they have 3rd party g... 102 49.28%

Nope they need exclusives 73 35.27%

Why aren't you talking about the WiiU? 30 14.49%

Total:205
OfficerRaichu15 said:
I feel kinda happy for the 3rd party but i also want ps4 to be known for 1st parties and not a 3rd party machine
hopefully we get last guardian this year :D

The PS4 wil always be known as the exclusives machine..... sony's glut of studios pretty much guarantees that. 

To OP, I think the PS4 will be just fine this year without exclusives. 

Around the Network

I can't speak for everywhere in the world, but in the US I believe a system seller is needed for either system. (Definitely wanted!!)

I already bought the damn systems, now I want a bunch of awesome games!

I want system sellers for all systems. I enjoy this hobby and want it to continue as long as possible.

Dark_Feanor said:
If Japan has taught us something this early on the generation the answer is yes.

PS4 needs games, it can't sell at vapor, PC indie ports, or pixel counting multplat games.

Console market will suffer all around if the stream of great AAA games is stanched. They basic already lost the casual mid-tier games to tablets and smartphones.

What? So just to be sure, are you somehow saying that multiplatform games are not games? And what do you mean they lost the casual mid-tier games to tablets and phones? 

Actually nvm answering me, I should probably learn to just not take anything you say seriously.

Of course it needs.

Multiplats exist on both plataforms and people are overestimating this "definitive" speech. In my personal experience, with work colleagues and faculty friends that play vg but are not hardcore, the broad audience don't even know about that.

With XONE U$100 cut, this would be the wrong moment to sit there and act like the king of thirds. Its time for them to open even more distance and push things even more. Too soon to just relax and feel good about being pretty.

If multiplats are better on the PS4, it will be fine.

Around the Network
Porcupeth said:
Vasto said:
I don't care about indies

Why?

Cause market is flooded with them, lack of quality control is becoming an issue.

think-man said:
Porcupeth said:
Vasto said:

Why?

Cause market is flooded with them, lack of quality control is becoming an issue.

Not really. That only happened on PC for now. Well and XBLIG of course..but that's a different beast.

Porcupeth said:
think-man said:
Porcupeth said:
Vasto said:

Why?

Not really. That only happened on PC for now. Well and XBLIG of course..but that's a different beast.

I already feel like Sony is focusing way to much on them, they're ok as fillers but thats it.

YES!

I refuse to buy the system until I see a game that demands the purchase of the console. I'm not sh!ting any of the PS4 games released or near release games, but none these warrant a console purchase.

I am a 33 year old male single gamer (by choice) who could buy either MS or Sony systems or both and WiiU if I wanted to (don't need to resort to credit either), but I'm just frugal by nature.

That doesn't mean I don't spend money, I do when it warrants it. For example, I decided on buying an R9 270 for my computer 3 months ago. Playing Dark souls 2 at static 60FSP and 1920 by 1200/1080p and it looks sharp, I can buy indie/3rd party games on Steam while I wait for the PS4, XBox One, WiiU to mature into something worth buying.

think-man said:

I already feel like Sony is focusing way to much on them, they're ok as fillers but thats it.

That's your opinion. Transistor > Wolfenstein + Watch Dogs. These two are the fillers.