By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

The truth is none of these matches matter if a team goes trough to the 8th finals its all well and good, Italy won in 82 after beeing atrociously bad on the group phase, Brazil won in 94 after tying a match with Sweeden in wich Brazil played realy bad on the group stage, Spain lost a match to Switzerland and was overall unimpressive on 2010s first phase. On 2002 Brazil team was playing kinda bad until the Belguim match on the 8th finals.

My point is after the group stage is over its a new competition.

Around the Network
Xevross said:
poklane said:
With this 0-0 draw and The Netherlands beating Spain it's gonna be really interesting who's gonna play against eachother in the round of 16. Brazil - Spain still a possibility.

Its Brazil v Spain or Brazil v Holland. I don't think they'll win either if they play like that.

Don't count Chili out. Mark my words: Chili and the Netherlands are gonna win tomorrow, kicking Spain out.

poklane said:
Xevross said:
poklane said:
With this 0-0 draw and The Netherlands beating Spain it's gonna be really interesting who's gonna play against eachother in the round of 16. Brazil - Spain still a possibility.

Its Brazil v Spain or Brazil v Holland. I don't think they'll win either if they play like that.

Don't count Chili out. Mark my words: Chili and the Netherlands are gonna win tomorrow, kicking Spain out.

If its Chili instead of Spain then fine, they're still good enough to beat this Brazil.

well done mexico,impressive team play,i didn't think they'd hold Brasil at home

fred & jo do not seem to be good enough to win the cup for me,neymar will have to play out of skin every game

Above & Beyond

DakonBlackblade said:

The truth is none of these matches matter if a team goes trough to the 8th finals its all well and good, Italy won in 82 after beeing atrociously bad on the group phase, Brazil won in 94 after tying a match with Sweeden in wich Brazil played realy bad on the group stage, Spain lost a match to Switzerland and was overall unimpressive on 2010s first phase. On 2002 Brazil team was playing kinda bad until the Belguim match on the 8th finals.

My point is after the group stage is over its a new competition.

Yeah, and Denmark won the Euro '92 after not having qualified if it wasn't for Yugoslavia being disqualified due to turmoil there.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
poklane said:
Xevross said:
poklane said:

I'm also hoping that Spain is going to get kicked out. But that means Chili needs to play at their best and Spain needs to have their second off day. And about Spain: I'm expecting some huge changes tomorrow. Santi Cazorla and Koke on midfield, Martinez in defence, and DAvid Villa in front is what I would have added. However I'm pro Netherlands and Belgium so I hope they won't make those changes :p

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

I'm having second thoughts about my prediction. Korea might be a bit good.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mother Russia is going to play. Let us see what they'll do against the Koreans!

PS: this is not the battle everyone is waiting for, these are South Koreans ;)

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

NiKKoM said:
Burek said:
OK, 2nd week starting in an hour. Time to get the calculators ready.

Kinda strange that Brazil - Mexico is a second match while Russia - South Korea is later this day but a first round match..

It's going to be better next time, group A plays after the group B matches so Brazil pretty much gets to choose their 1/8 final's rival.

8 minutes in and it's already the best game of the day. Both teams showing some incredible energy. Russia almost plays German.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.