Best Buy 0 0%

GAME 1 5.26%

Mom & pop stores/local chains 4 21.05%

GameStop 0 0%

I always buy new 6 31.58%

Other 2 10.53%

See results 0 0%

Total:18

I don't hunt bargains but mint games. Very expensive exercise in AUS for some games.

I did once pickup a bargain though Halo 2 stead box limited version still sealed in wrapping from a second hand store for $10AUD. This was in the launch year too when everyone on ebay was selling them for $100+

Around the Network

I'm particularly proud of this one. Morrowind is one of my favorite games, and I've never seen the GOTY version in a second-hand store. Snatched it up immediately. Manual and map intact, disc looks like it's never been played :)

Found this yesterday:

I loved the original, but never played this remaster. Looking forward to it :)

That's one of the good things about America. It's easier (or at least, it always seemed to be easier from my perspective) to go out and find second hand games and other cool stuff like this. There's things like garage sales and whole cities of shops selling second hand stuff.

Over here, that's not really the culture.

The only place I can look for for second hand games is one (1!) chain of video game stores that buys and resells games. Usually, they also only have stuff from the 7th gen or up, maybe with some luck some 6th gen, but not much. Obviously, that's not exactly a great selection to choose from. There's no such things like garage sales whatsoever, and when you go to a flea market you have to be extremely lucky (like, winning the lottery-lucky) to find anyone that sells a couple games instead of endless racks of clothing. Then there's a website where people can sell their old stuff, which is a handy thing, sort of a mix between craigslist and eBay, but there, everyone that sells something game-related knows what they're selling so they're asking top dollar (well, euro).

People here just always throw the good stuff away .