By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Quick question about the Xbox 360 warranty.

I have a Xbox 360 premium and it is about 1 year old now (still works). When my brother bought it at Best Buy, he bought it with 3 years Best Buy warranty. Later, Microsoft announced 3 years warranty on broken 360's since launch. What I'm trying to ask is:

Does the warranty adds up to 6 years?

Thanks,

I'm a nub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network

No.

Microsoft's warranty is a 1 year standard warranty. The best buy warranty you have is a 2 year extension to MS' warranty. There is a provision with MS where they will cover a specific failure type that is denoted by 3 red quadrants on the Xbox 360. Your warranty breaks down like this:

(1) If you have any kind of failure in the first year, BB can require you to return the Xbox through Microsoft's channels. Some Best Buy stores will not enforce this and will allow you to replace your Xbox at any time.

(2) If you have a non-3RROD failure during the next two years (years two and three after you bought the 360), you can get it replaced using the best buy plan.

(3) If you have an 3RROD error at any point, you are supposed to return the Xbox to Microsoft. The Best Buy warranty is not suspended for this specific error type, and by the word of their agreement MS covers this type of error and therefore you should return it to MS.

The short answer is because you have the BB warranty, you're fully covered for three years of ownership.

I would ask best buy. There is no way MS will still care about it in 5 years time, but you could say to Best Buy, you promised me EXTRA years of warranty.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
I would ask best buy. There is no way MS will still care about it in 5 years time, but you could say to Best Buy, you promised me EXTRA years of warranty.

He bought the 3 years warranty, not the "ADD ON to whatever Microsoft decided to pull" warranty.

Please leave such a 'matte-a-fact' thread to somehow who knows what he/she is talking about. Or you are just confusing the OP.

Good job, theBig, I work at Bestbuy and even I can't put it better myself. Wanna a job? :)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Thanks doods!
Appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!