By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry confirms MK8 720p, No AA

*sigh*

"Fist-sized pixels" 190 35.78%

"But it looks AMAZI... 326 61.39%

Total:516
Hedra42 said:

You are bashing MK8. And nobody is forcing you to buy a WiiU. If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it.

So, this thread is to highlight Nintendo fan hypocracy, is it? You started the thread. Yet...

If console gaming is not up to snuff for you, then don't play on consoles. Personally, I was delighted when I heard about the 1080p 60fps claim, it was something I hadn't expected, and was very excited about. But when the confirmation came that it was 720p, I was disappointed but not bothered, it's absolutely fine. Is that hypocracy? I don't think so. And don't call me part of a hive mind.

You may have started this thread just by posting a 'fact', but since then you have gone out of your way to try and persuade that MK8 looks awful by posting pictures blown up for people to view on screens theyre not going to be playing it on, at a distance they're not going to be playing at.

This is sour grapes - if it's not up to your standards, then just forget buying your WiiU and shut up about it. Don't go spoiling it for others by trying to nitpick things they really are not going to notice while they're playing the game. Let the rest of us make our own decision without calling us hypocrites or a hive mind.

It's pretty amusing you think the screenshot looks terrible enough to be "blown up", because it's actually just a crop of a direct feed screenshot... Nothing has been zoomed it ^^;

Here is the full image including the up-scaling to 1080p (since it's a direct feed from the WiiU):

If you open it in a new tab and compare it to the cropped image he showed, you will find they fit perfectly.

Around the Network
Hedra42 said:

You are bashing MK8. And nobody is forcing you to buy a WiiU. If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it.

So, this thread is to highlight Nintendo fan hypocracy, is it? You started the thread. Yet...

If console gaming is not up to snuff for you, then don't play on consoles. Personally, I was delighted when I heard about the 1080p 60fps claim, it was something I hadn't expected, and was very excited about. But when the confirmation came that it was 720p, I was disappointed but not bothered, it's absolutely fine. Is that hypocracy? I don't think so. And don't call me part of a hive mind.

You may have started this thread just by posting a 'fact', but since then you have gone out of your way to try and persuade that MK8 looks awful by posting pictures blown up for people to view on screens theyre not going to be playing it on, at a distance they're not going to be playing at.

This is sour grapes - if it's not up to your standards, then just forget buying your WiiU and shut up about it. Don't go spoiling it for others by trying to nitpick things they really are not going to notice while they're playing the game. Let the rest of us make our own decision without calling us hypocrites or a hive mind.

I am the biggest hypocrite of them all because I hate it and I will still buy a WiiU. And yes Miyamoto is forcing me to buy it. Someone has to help the hostages of the Mushroom Kingdom.

I don't think I spoiled MK8 for a single person on this forum. I don't think I would be able to.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Zekkyou said:
spadesrole said:

I agree with you, how can anybody find this amazing is beyond me, when lastgen games even looked betterbut s, as for the ps4 hardware, it's not that amazing, but sony is giving us the best choice and there exclusives are almost looking as good as anything on PC

The first image is an incredibly poor representation of infamous (i mean really, a close space screenshot for an open world game?) and the second screen is from an Xbox 360 game lol...

i was trying to point out that infamous is a huge leap in graphics to anything on ps3, while forza horizone looks so much better teh mario kart8 is not even close.

spadesrole said:
Hedra42 said:

He's not blowing anything go tot he DF article and look at you pics yourself, when you zoom in to mkae full screen thats how the game looks, its a jaggy mess.

Yes, I've seen it at that resolution, and I will reiterate - neither I nor anyone else will be playing this game 18 inches away from a laptop screen.

spadesrole said:
Zekkyou said:

The first image is an incredibly poor representation of infamous (i mean really, a close space screenshot for an open world game?) and the second screen is from an Xbox 360 game lol...

i was trying to point out that infamous is a huge leap in graphics to anything on ps3, while forza horizone looks so much better teh mario kart8 is not even close.

Yeah sorry, i just added an edit to my comment because i realized it came off way harsher than it meant to (though i didn't realize the 360 image was intentional). Now that i understand what you meant, i fully agree :)

Those are nice shots by the way

Around the Network
Hedra42 said:
spadesrole said:
Hedra42 said:

He's not blowing anything go tot he DF article and look at you pics yourself, when you zoom in to mkae full screen thats how the game looks, its a jaggy mess.

Yes, I've seen it blown up to that magnitude, and I will reiterate - neither I nor anyone else will not be playing this game 18 inches away from a laptop screen.

it will look that messy on a 40+ inch, look we can make excuses for any game graphics by your standards, just be far away from your tv and any games graphics will look much better.

spadesrole said:
Hedra42 said:
spadesrole said:
Hedra42 said:

Yes, I've seen it blown up to that magnitude, and I will reiterate - neither I nor anyone else will not be playing this game 18 inches away from a laptop screen.

it will look that messy on a 40+ inch, look we can make excuses for any game graphics by your standards, just be far away from your tv and any games graphics will look much better.

And like I said before, allow people to make their own decisions.

Hedra42 said:

Yes, I've seen it at that resolution, and I will reiterate - neither I nor anyone else will be playing this game 18 inches away from a laptop screen.

I will play it on a 40" tv about 1.5m from my face which incidentally is the same screen I'm using right now to write this. So the jaggies I see in that picture I showed are the same I will see when I play the game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Hedra42 said:
spadesrole said:

It would be true to say we will be sitting further away, but the image is also going to be stretched out several times to fit a TV screen. The end result remains pretty much the same.

Really though, people are blown this waaaay out of proportion. Most of us are just expressive our disappointment with its performance, that doesn't stop it begin an amazing game. Some of us just wish it could be even more amazing :p

Hedra42 said:
spadesrole said:
Hedra42 said:
spadesrole said:
Hedra42 said:

And like I said before, allow people to make their own decisions.

I have no problem with people, saying the game looks good, but to say it looks amazing is BS, 720p no AA is not amazing in 2014 by any standards.