By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - More problems for McCain

Aj_habfan said:
The question is, does anybody care?

Quite a few, McCain will in particular if the FEC says he's locked in until the conventions

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:

While I understand there is personal gain involved here, I just want to make sure people understand what this article is accusing McCain of: not taking public money.

Let me repeat that: the scandle at hand here is that McCain is requesting to not recieve public funds for his campaign. 

Even though he attacked Obama a few days back for not confirming that he would stick to using only public funds

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Soriku said:
ssj12 said:
why does it matter how much a candidate spends on their campaigns?

Because if you spend it all (like Hilary) in the beginning you could be in a tight spot. Hilary's plan was to use all her money in time for Super Tuesday so it ensures a large number of votes so the elections will be over quickly - she would be tge clear first. There wouldn't be a close second. Apparently that kinda backfired on her and she doesn't have the votes she needs and is out of money. Obama still has a lot monet and catching uo to Hilary rather quickly.

Well Obama apparently has a good taste in art, but if he runs out of money at least he could sell the paintings to help further his campaign.

Basically McCain may end up being in violation of the regulations that he has spent years championing

Does this matter? Hasn't McCain effectively won the republican nomination anyway? So it just means he can't spent much more - until the official election starts?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I can't see how there's a dogpile on McCain since the NY Times article has zero substance, zero evidence, and looks questionable at best.

Nicely done. Lobbyists are pretty much running McCain's campaign.. and a lobbyist is also running his Senate office in Arizona. Pretty soon he will unravel... hopefully after a Democratic nominee is chosen.

So what? He is already the Republican nominee, even if he doesn't spend another dollar.

shams said:
Does this matter? Hasn't McCain effectively won the republican nomination anyway? So it just means he can't spent much more - until the official election starts?

The official election starts at the convention.  He won't officially receive the nomination until September, and there is a hell of a lot of campaigning he'd like to do in the next 6 months against Obama.

Wow. This guy just can't catch a break.