By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 isn't doing too bad

I have one question: I've been following the weekly US hardware sales and seems like 360 is selling about 50,000 consoles on average (weekly) yet the the total world wide sales are constant. Can someone explain how the sales are extrapolated and adjusted?  Is it done weekly, monthly...?

Around the Network

No they've been rising, you just have to understand that NA is where most of the Xbox's are sold, Japanese and European sales of the 360 are not that big, which is why its a slow movement

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Not only that, I dont think European numbers are adjusted as regularly for the 360. Wii sales are consistent (always sold out), whereas the 360 sales can change.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

it does seem that the "others" value keeps getting scaled back in order to prevent the 360 from hitting 10 million... Everytime the american data goes up the "others" goes backward the same amount.

eques judicii said:
it does seem that the "others" value keeps getting scaled back in order to prevent the 360 from hitting 10 million... Everytime the american data goes up the "others" goes backward the same amount.

prevent, lol, you're funny.

you actually think ioi is doing something like this, on purpose?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

well... could it really be tracked? I mean, "others" has gone down in 150k in the past week. There is no real official values put out for "others" just an arbitrary figure that supposed to include australia, europe, china, india, new zealand, south-america, south africa, indo-asia, korea, and i'm guessing canada and mexico (now that the american data seems to only represent USA) That's a lot of data that is rolled into one big value. Without any kind of tracking as to why it fluctuates it could be arbitrary. The 360 data went up to about 9.8 after the latest data was put in and then dropped down to below what it was before the week started.

eques judicii said:
well... could it really be tracked? I mean, "others" has gone down in 150k in the past week. There is no real official values put out for "others" just an arbitrary figure that supposed to include australia, europe, china, india, new zealand, south-america, south africa, indo-asia, korea, and i'm guessing canada and mexico (now that the american data seems to only represent USA) That's a lot of data that is rolled into one big value. Without any kind of tracking as to why it fluctuates it could be arbitrary. The 360 data went up to about 9.8 after the latest data was put in and then dropped down to below what it was before the week started.

wrong, america does include canada.

i think the numbers are pretty reasonable tho, and you know, once we get official numbers, ioi can change it you know, it's not like this is the end of the world or something, 'others' is still pretty much of a guess

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!