By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to offer Wii DLC and you have to pay for some online games X_X

Strategyking92 said:
it will not be that much, like xbox live, but instead of a 50$ flat fee, it might be 10$ per game per year.

I dunno about that....I think they may do something similiar to live, yet, a lot cheaper probably.

Around the Network

This thread has turned into an episode of LOST

Now they dont have any excuse for not having a great Online servicce.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

I don't mind that 3rd parties use this to pay for their MMOs because you usually pay for a very quality service of upkeeping. What I find troubling is if Nintendo uses this themselves, even for Animal Crossing. Nintendo is so many years behind in online that I feel they will charge for what will end up being something not worth a dime. Will there finally be voice chat? No more friend codes? I can't imagine paying for a service that still makes me enter friend codes, MMO or not.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

i don't think it will be used in many games, i think that nintendo is planing to make some mmo game(or there are some 1st party or 3rd party mmo games for wii in development already) and that is why nintendo want you to pay for some games(just like in a pc mmos)

Around the Network

What!? WHAT!? After all that preaching, THEY DO THIS!? This is highly shocking, and I refuse to play them a dime. Mario Kart better not cost money to play online, or I'll be all sorts of furious. Goddamnit!

Hey! this almost confirms that some kind of storage device is in the works, like say for Guitar hero songs and such. I think this because they seriously can't expect people to only have like 20 songs that they have downloaded then keep moving them around...

Stillwell said:
What!? WHAT!? After all that preaching, THEY DO THIS!? This is highly shocking, and I refuse to play them a dime. Mario Kart better not cost money to play online, or I'll be all sorts of furious. Goddamnit!

Read the damn thread before posting

^ Yeah read the thread.....Mario Kart has a BLUE Wifi symbol which means FREE.....Red (or orange, I forget) = NOT FREE

If this is just for MMOs, it would be great compared to dealing with different companies and different prepaid cards etc.