By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Lacks Racial Diversity Says Reviewer (Update)

the_dengle said:
Not enough cultural diversity either, far too many Italians shouting MAMA MIA. The series needs more Frenchmen shouting OH MON DIEU. You know, diversity for the sake of diversity.

Makes me think of this classic  

Around the Network

it lacks gay marriage too. lets make some completely nonsensical petition!

JazzB1987 said:

mario and lugi should be merried sign here if u agrie ____________

celador said:
None of these characters were created by a white person

that's even more racist

Click HERE and be happy 

There is a character there called the fucking Mii and you can make it however you want (Black,White, Blue, Purple, Fucking Yellow). As a matter of fact I think every character in MK 8 roster represents a stereotype, just use your imagination and you can come up with anyone. For example, Roy Koopa can be seen as a homosexual character. Donkey Kong can be seen as a gigolo (can also be seen as a black guy). Mario can be seen as a underpayed plumber. Rosalina can be seen as a lesbian.

I am tired of these fucking articles and I hope it is a fucking joke article.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

I don't believe affirmative action applies in this situation.

badgenome said:
JazzB1987 said:

mario and lugi should be merried sign here if u agrie ____________

Mario <3 Luigi?  Hmm actually why not?  Since the game also lacks incest that would kill two paratroopas with one pow block.

Reviewers like this guy could care less about the racial makeup of Mario kart- they are trying to make a name for themselves and gets clicks

PSwii60 said:
I don't believe affirmative action applies in this situation.

Of course not, its just a really questionable of the relevance of bringing up racial diversity in a kart game about Iltalian brothers and friends with Mushroom people, a Green Dinosaur, Turtles/Koopas, and a Gorilla in the mix.  Wanna bring up the issue?  Post it as an article that's unrelated to a video game review, against the entirity of the Mario franchise or Nintendo itself.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I hate reviews that nitpick like this... Not every game has to include all races... Heck, the fact that Mii's are playable means that all races are included in this game... Just holy fuck these stupid "game journalists", they should either find something legit to whine about or go to Africa, find an elephant, take its penis and shove it up their ass until they do (This goes for all games and not just Mario Kart)

We all know those journalists would write a critique bearing the headline . The lack of average sized caucasian penises in African elephants, shows a lack of racial deversity.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot