By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2014 NPD Thread!

vivster said:
Dammit. Just woke up.
Can someone give me a rundown?

Who had a melt down? Who was eating crow? Who was banned for laughing at other fan bases? How many doom posts for VGC? etc

X1 overtracked by nearly 100k, everything else was pretty spot on. 

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
vivster said:
Dammit. Just woke up.

Who had a melt down? Who was eating crow? Who was banned for laughing at other fan bases? How many doom posts for VGC? etc

The numbers are in the title. I pretty much got that even before entering the thread.

I want to know about the DRAMA!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
vivster said:
Dammit. Just woke up.

The numbers are in the title. I pretty much got that even before entering the thread.

I want to know about the DRAMA!

It was pretty quite. But BenVTrigger revealed that PS4 is tracking better in May so far than it was in April. He also said that Destiny for PS4 nearly has the same amount of preorders Titanfall did near its launch.

And I forgot the numbers were on the top LOL.

This is about all we know so far:

Hardware

PS4: ~199k
XBO: 115k
360: 71k
Wii U: ~49k
PSV < 3.4k

Software

Titanfall (XBO) - 140k (77k standalone, 63k bundled) (~942k LTD)
inFAMOUS Second Son - 82k (< 582k LTD)
Kirby: Triple Deluxe - 41k
Mario Golf: World Tour - 17k

TheGoldenBoy said:

It was pretty quite. But BenVTrigger revealed that PS4 is tracking better in May so far than it was in April. He also said that Destiny for PS4 nearly has the same amount of preorders Titanfall did near its launch.

That sounds disappointing. Not one ban for someone calling the xbox fanbase delusional? :(

This forum really is on a downward spiral of funlessness.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
They are overtracking X1 extremely much right now in the US. But since we know shipments, it seems like there is some heavy undertracking somewhere else.

Highly doubt it.  From all the reports during launch and some after, we know that the PS4 is pretty much trouncing the One in the other regions outside of US and UK (still beating it in those to region, though.)  Especially in EU.  What we have is the One was overshipped in Q1, hence MS telling investors that they are decreasing One production to allow stores to sell their current stock.

We still don't have numbers for the 3DS ...

vivster said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

That sounds disappointing. Not one ban for someone calling the xbox fanbase delusional? :(

Not really. The general majority agreed that it was pretty bad month for everyone. Kowen's laptop died right as the first news came and many of the Xbox guys didn't post. There were a few delusional people TheDrill that were saying "NPD is definitely undertracking the X1," but yeah that's it. A boring thread, just like the sales this month.

TheGoldenBoy said:
vivster said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Not really. The general majority agreed that it was pretty bad month for everyone. Kowen's laptop died right as the first news came and many of the Xbox guys didn't post. There were a few delusional people TheDrill that were saying "NPD is definitely undertracking the X1," but yeah that's it. A boring thread, just like the sales this month.

Hm.... It seems domination of one brand is not only bad for the industry but also this forum.

I just hope you don't get banned for this post.

Or do I?

Boutros said:

This is about all we know so far:

Hardware

PS4: ~199k
XBO: 115k
360: 71k
Wii U: ~49k
PSV < 3.4k

omg this is horrible