By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What program do you use to catalogue/organize your MP3s?

I'm looking for any suggestions.  Thanks :)

Around the Network

I keep all my mp3's in itunes. I'm sure I'll get criticized for it because it's an apple program, but it works well and that's all I care about.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

iTunes... in case you happened to be hating it, try MediaMonkey instead

Honestly I just use Windows Explorer and organize it myself. Vista is a little better about it than XP was. Much better options for playing the contents of folders, etc. too. I was just never satisfied with the programs I found (including itunes). I do have a lot too, over 70 gigs, but I don't know if that is the kind of answer you were looking for.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I just use Windows Media Player's library, but I don't have a ton of music, and it is obvious to me that WMP would suck if you had a very large library.

I would agree with akuma that Windows Explorer also works very well in Vista for playing music, it's just I was already used to WMP before I got my own computer around six months ago.

<insert awesome signature here>

Around the Network

Ha ha... I have a simple folder I made (called "MP3") which is saved to my desktop.

Its just under a folder called "photos".

None of those fancy ass programs for me.

Been using iTunes for quite some time now. I'm not too thrilled about how bloated it's become with iTunes Music Store functionality, but it still gets the job done well enough that I can't be bothered to find a slimmer program.

Plus, a lot of people make nifty integrated functionality for it.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

iTunes, I've been using it since I got an iPod.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Folders.

iTunes, too...