By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One to overtake PS4 in NA in 2015, says analyst

When will X1 overtake PS4 in NA?

2014 26 4.37%

First half of 2015 38 6.39%

Second half of 2015 48 8.07%

2016 onwards 24 4.03%

It won't 459 77.14%

Total:595

not gonna happen,the 399$ xone is already losing steam... sony won over the publics heart,stronger hardware, gonna have the better multiplats, better quality first party imo,psn+ is fantastic ect ect

Around the Network
TheDarkLink said:
I'am wondering why everyone purchases a PS4 instead of a XBox One because the XBox One has the better games right now! I hope this will change with the Kinectless XBox One SKU!!!

I posed that same question to a few friends of mine that recently purchased PS4 consoles for their households. For clarity, the group of us are older gamers with children, have played video games for 15+ years, and are middle-class incomes living on budgets. Below are the answers I was given...

1. The production of many games is similar across both consoles...Assassin's Creed IV, FIFA, Madden, Call of Duty: Ghosts, etc.

2. The PS4 was cheaper for the stand alone system at launch. Although you receive the Kinect with the Xbox One, the bottom line was price.

3.  They were not over-concerned with differences of video/audio quality, 1080p is 1080p. None of us could really tell any differences when I took my Xbox One to their house and we compaired game picture/audio quality.

I am certain that some of the commonalities will change, but will it be for better or worse?

As things stand it won't ever pass the PS4. Sony has countered everything that Microsoft have done to make the Xbox One enticing.

They need to really push CoD this year, exclusive bundles and try to get 360 players to upgrade.

Phil Spencer has done a great job repairing the Xbox One's reputation but has some way to go.

#SaveShenmue

Top 5 Most Anticipated Games:

- Quantum Break
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Destiny
- The Division
- Final Fantasy XV

Goddbless said:
Reading through these comments it seems most people think Titanfall is the best game the Xbox One will ever get. I know I wasn't interested in it and I'm yet to purchase an XO although I've owned their last two consoles. The fact is neither the PS4 or XO haven't received any must have exclusives yet so anything is possible. If the XO dropped to $299 before the PS4 and it had some killer games it would sell like hot cakes so lets stop acting like the gen was decided in 6 months.

Except that in all the recent gens the relative positions of the consoles in sales by the time they've been on the market for 6-7 months was predictive of how the whole gen would end up.

Things are close between PS4 and Xb one in the USA so the first 6/7 months isn't so clear cut as previous generations. However PS4 has far more in its favour than Xb one: It's in the lead for starters; it is a more powerful console; the multiplats are better, even if only in resolution and frame rate; Playstation was uberdominant for 2 of the last 3 generations, Xbox has never been dominant in any generation. The only thing Xb one has is that 360 dominated PS3 last generation.

PS4 is more likely to stay ahead than Xb one to overtake it. But Xb one is in with a chance. In my view Xb one will probably stay behind PS4 in the USA But it will be the smallest gap between the two brands of the 3 generations.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

forevercloud3000 said:
At least when people spoke of PS3 was going to pass 360 it was on the premise that PS3 has had a stronger brand recognition in the market and PS3 was outselling 360 WW by a tiny margin. This is just tales from some marketeer's ass.

Far too many Microsoft worshipers in the media, who cannot fathom them not always owning the market. Not saying it is impossible....but what are they basing this on other than their investors personal wants for the market? PS3 was outselling 360 when it cost more than it. PS4 will do even better seeing as it was less at the start, and on an even playing field XBO stands less of a chance.

Something to think about, if PS3 and 360 came out at the same time and sold at the same trend they did..... PS3 would of had at least 10million lead on it.

Or lemme guess.... they want to ignore WW sales and just concentrate on US like they started doing all last gen? Please sit down and shut up analysts.... you are drunk.

this

Around the Network

I think it is feasible that the xbone overtakes the ps4 in the US--whether or not it can achieve that by next year I don't know--but I do not believe it can take the market by anywhere near the margin it did last gen.

It's unlikely that price alone can get Xbox One ahead of Playstation 4. Even when Playstation 3 reached the price of Xbox 360 the latter still sold more. The U.S. Game market is very fickle when it comes to consoles and nothing is ever set in stone

TheDrill said:
Halo will assure this.

uncharted 4 has a word to say

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

I seriously doubt the Xbox One will ever overtake the PS4 in sales, North America or Global. If the numbers were closer during the first 6 months following launch, it could be possible. However, the PS4 has continued to outsell the One despite game releases, etc. Microsoft has announced a price drop (without a Kinect), but Sony has also given advance notice that the PS4 will see a $50 price drop for the winter holiday sales.

If the PS4's sales performance continues to overshadow the One until the November holidays this year, it will be almost impossible for the One to ever pull ahead. Any finance marketing textbook would agree with that assessment based on the numbers.