Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii tops PS3, even on an off week.

@phil agreed

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Uhh, hasn't anyone come to the consensus that the PS3 is behind in Japan? Has this thread turned people retarded?

edit lol im stupid nevermind

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

NYANKS said:
DarkNight_DS said:
@Nyanks: The 360 Arcade is the same price as the Wii, yet we don't see that affecting 360 sales. So price isn't the only factor!

@routsounmanman: That made me laugh... Hahahaha that was a nice burn... poor Crazyman's been made into shark steak.

Yeah but everyone knows that's not exactly the best model of the 360. It's like the crappy alternative, most people on here don't seem very keen on it anyways. The "good" model (you know, the one that is actually appealing to people) and the PS3 are more expensive, and this is the most important factor. Obviously if the Wii and the successor of the Playstation 2 came out at the same price point, things would be a little different now......

So.. basically.. what you are saying is......... the price is not the only factor?... yep okay

we know they are sold out most places. unless a Wii factory blew up Nintendo has a slew of them coming soon. I personally believe next weeks numbers will be huge(what happened this week) I have noticed many more Wiis being sold on Ebay, and they are going for around 325, last week the cheapest I saw was 370.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Whatever,
all i know, that PS3 is OUTSELLING x360 in US and UK since 2008.
The console which is cheaper, which had 1 year start ahead, which has bigger game library(not for long though), and better online options(not for long though too).

Wii is next. Not so fast, x360 is down. Wii will be down after big AA games will be released on PS3 and 299$ price. x360 is down even without them. Though many people wasn`t expecting that, even me(so fast).

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Sorry crazzyman I cant hear you because my Wii is kicking your ps3's ass in sales.

ROFL

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

How funny it will be when 360 bounces back and PS 3 is back down on third place in US/weekly

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

He laughs best who laughs last.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
He laughs best who laughs last.

I lol'd at this attempt to look smart.