By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SE announces another PS3 exclusive--MMORPG

That's good news! Whenever I hear about a new Square Enix game I get all warm and fuzzy inside! Square always impresses me with their games.

http://www.psbeyond.com/news/Square-Enix-plan-for-another-MMORPG.281.html

As some of you may or may not know, Square have already announced various titles in the Final Fantasy XIII series, two of which have been announced as exclusives for the PS3. With a few other titles, such as StarOcean 4 still up in the air over exclusivity matters, or multiplatform like their other 2008 title; The Last Remnant, Square Enix are rumoured to be announcing a brand new IP in the XIII saga

Now however SE has recently stated that they plan to make another MMORPG, exclusively for the PS3.
Although no other details have been given rumours suggest this new MMORPG could be apart of the Fabula Nova Crystallis saga that SE are quickly making with the FF13 licence.

And the only evidence to prove this so far was a trademark filed by SE with that name Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII.

The word "Haeresis" is a Latin word meaning that the story could be related to Final Fantasy X in that it could have to do with a controversial religion. "Heresies" is the English derivation of the word "Haeresis."

Since there is no real evidence other than a patent for the name and a presentation by Square Enix which features six "bubbles", three of which are taken up by the already confirmed XIII titles, and the other being blank, all we can do is wait and see.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network

MMORPG hmm bah..:s;

Got a link?

its probably actually PC and PS3 =P

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Sorry, I just posted the link...watching basketball, so my attention is split.

http://www.psbeyond.com/news/Square-Enix-plan-for-another-MMORPG.281.html

Around the Network

FF MMORPG on PS3? HAH! Fanbase probably couldn't make that happen. They even cut-off the support for FFXI on PS3 unless you have a 60GB model.

Naraku_Diabolos said:
FF MMORPG on PS3? HAH! Fanbase probably couldn't make that happen. They even cut-off the support for FFXI on PS3 unless you have a 60GB model.

I think you're living in the past!  The ps3 has been selling very well lately and if this is true it's most likely at least a year or two (maybe 3) away.  Meaning the ps3's install base would be over 30 million...and a lot of that is die hard FF fans in Japan. 

Soriku said:
Link? And I don't think it's Haeresis.

And I VERY much doubt an MMORPG is going to be exclusive to ANYTHING.

console exclusive to the PS3 and of course released on the PC.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

So....

i guess there will be 13 spin offs of FF13 ?

Mars said:
So....

i guess there will be 13 spin offs of FF13 ?

Interesting that they are whoring out 13 before it is even released.

How many different FF13's are there now? 3 at least ...