By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - .P Harrison: Third parties can only reach 40% of Wii owners.

celine said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
celine said:
antfromtashkent said:
....... red steel :P

I'm quite sure RS has a development cost inferior to CoD4 e AC.

And if RS has the same development cost, well it is only one title , an exception. So my logic doesn't fail while yours ...

ooooook how about no more heros?

NMH was made by two guys in a garage outside Chiba city. The largest expense was day-old bento boxes. So that proves your point, right?

actually no..... my point was that 3rd party titles dont sell as well on the wii so please prove me wrong

Replace sold with profit and ask yourself why software support for Wii is increasing day after day and not decreasing.

And ask yourself how the fourth port of a masterpiece like RE4 has sold over 1 million copy ( it's funny but RE4 is one of the highest pdroduction level game on Wii from third-party for now , obviously it is a port from GC ).

Oh and I blame WiiFit  

r u serioustly gonna bring GC games into this discution? thats like saying PS3 sold a bazillion games just because they were on the PS2...... 

Around the Network
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
celine said:
antfromtashkent said:

And if RS has the same development cost, well it is only one title , an exception. So my logic doesn't fail while yours ...

NMH was made by two guys in a garage outside Chiba city. The largest expense was day-old bento boxes. So that proves your point, right?

actually no..... my point was that 3rd party titles dont sell as well on the wii so please prove me wrong

What about lego star wars, RE 4 (it will be the best selling release), Guitar Hero 3 is now out pacing the 360 release, Raving Rabbids, Metal Slug anthology is far out performing the ps2 and psp counter parts, The Bigs... oddly, Frankly the reason the majority of Wii multiplats that don't sell as well fo so because they are gimped in some way (No online in Need for Speed, COD3), are usually rushed ps2 ports of poor quality, or are released months later.

Plus competent exclusive are doing just fine on the wii, No More Heroes is the best performing Suda game ever, Sonic Sotr massively outsold Sonic next, Umbrella Chronicles, My Sims, Ghost Squad, Zack and Wiki (which should have no trouble reaching 300000+ copies, seriously adventure games are dead genre and Zack and Wiki's US sales are passing that of high quality ds adventure games like Phenix Wright and Hotel Dusk), 

quality and appeal is the biggest factor,  I'm sure no one wants to live in a world were NinjaBreaman is outselling Bioshock or COD 4.... or do we?... no definitely not

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

antfromtashkent said:
celine said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
celine said:
antfromtashkent said:

Replace sold with profit and ask yourself why software support for Wii is increasing day after day and not decreasing.

And ask yourself how the fourth port of a masterpiece like RE4 has sold over 1 million copy ( it's funny but RE4 is one of the highest pdroduction level game on Wii from third-party for now , obviously it is a port from GC ).

Oh and I blame WiiFit

r u serioustly gonna bring GC games into this discution? thats like saying PS3 sold a bazillion games just because they were on the PS2......

The fourth port of RE4 is RE Wii ... and if you don't know it is a millin-seller ...

Really good quality but it is only a port. So where is the high budget third party games on Wii for now ( similar to SMG's budget ) ? 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

antfromtashkent said:
celine said:
antfromtashkent said:

No more heroes was likely made on a budget where 100K would make a profit. The game looks awesome artistically... but in pure graphics power or investments in other things....

That's the thing about the Wii.  It has a lot of great games, they are all just niche lower priced ones.

antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:

So NMH would have sold better on the DS? If that's your point I agree completely. I also stand by my assertion about the day-old bento.

no actually i just said what my point was ^^

I know. And I was agreeing that "3rd party titles don't sell as well on the Wii" as they would on the DS. So is that a yes?

LOL NO! did u see me type DS somwhere? i dont know if they would that is an assumption

So what is your point? Your arguement is that NMH sold less than SMG and 3rd parties better sit up and take note? I'm still not following your arguement. Maybe you could explain it better.

Around the Network
Jandre002 said:
I think what hes saying is that 60% bought a Wii for Wii-sports or fit or Mario games, and its not like PS2 was.

Casual gamers arent going to buy alot of games. The game comes with Wii Sports, half the people then buy Wii-Play, and then you have to beat out Wii Fit, SMG, Mario Kart and SSB:B by using innovation not graphics or plot to gain enough attention to sell.

Hes saying your not competing with Nintendo in quality or popularity, and most people are going to buy your game. I think its true, and sales show that. Its the way Nintendo has always been, and all these emerging third party devs have no room on that platform. Its not that they don't make good games, it just doesnt appeal.

Of the PS3 owners that bought the PS3 as a gaming machine, you have the highest %. Problem is, that the % of people who did buy it as a gaming machine might be as low as 70%. The 360 probably has anywhere between 90%-95% who bought it for games, but many of them are very strict about what games they do buy. (360 players will buy any shooter game that pushes a good storyline, advances in graphics, but won't buy as many RPG's as PS3 owners would per owner)

I dont see it as an insult to Nintendo, just a realistic outlook on what is selling. It might hurt Ninty fanboys feelings a bit, but thats why the Wii hasn't mattered as much to the two other consoles. Its a different crowd, and the only developers that can be really successful is Nintendo themselves.

Eh... dude, you do realzie that about 80%+ of the PS2 owners were casual gamers... right? That even the average gamer buys 1 game every couple months... right.

The people who visit game sites and buy like a game a week are in your vast minority. 

Also, your post is just hilarious percentages pulled out of your ass.

fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:

So NMH would have sold better on the DS? If that's your point I agree completely. I also stand by my assertion about the day-old bento.

I know. And I was agreeing that "3rd party titles don't sell as well on the Wii" as they would on the DS. So is that a yes?

LOL NO! did u see me type DS somwhere? i dont know if they would that is an assumption

So what is your point? Your arguement is that NMH sold less than SMG and 3rd parties better sit up and take note? I'm still not following your arguement. Maybe you could explain it better.

ok im gonna goahead and restite my point once again....  (THIS IS THE BEGINING OF MY POINT) THE THIRD PARTY GAMES ON THE WII DO NOT SELL AS WELL AS THEY DO ON OTHER CONSOLES (THIS IS THE END OF MY POINT) i dint say that that its fair that TPD gimp wii games. i said that that is a problem that the wii has to take care of. 

BTW I AM NOT BASHING NINTENDO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:

ok im gonna goahead and restite my point once again....  (THIS IS THE BEGINING OF MY POINT) THE THIRD PARTY GAMES ON THE WII DO NOT SELL AS WELL AS THEY DO ON OTHER CONSOLES (THIS IS THE END OF MY POINT) i dint say that that its fair that TPD gimp wii games. i said that that is a problem that the wii has to take care of. 

Well, if that is your point than your point is wrong.  Please wait while I search for a post someone made in another thread comparing sales of some 3rd party games on Wii vs. the other two consoles.  Wii won a significant part of the bouts.  Now, if you amend it to say, "THE THIRD PARTY GAMES ON THE WII THAT I CARE ABOUT DO NOT SELL AS WELL AS THEY DO ON OTHER CONSOLES", well I would not be able to argue against that.

I will edit this post when I find the other post. For now - feel free to look up PS3 vs. Wii vs. 360 GH3.  Wii isn't in last place, I can guarantee you that.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

alpha_dk said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:

Well, if that is your point than your point is wrong.  Please wait while I search for a post someone made in another thread comparing sales of some 3rd party games on Wii vs. the other two consoles.  Wii won a significant part of the bouts.  Now, if you amend it to say, "THE THIRD PARTY GAMES ON THE WII THAT I CARE ABOUT DO NOT SELL AS WELL AS THEY DO ON OTHER CONSOLES", well I would not be able to argue against that.

I will edit this post when I find the other post. For now - feel free to look up PS3 vs. Wii vs. 360 GH3.  Wii isn't in last place, I can guarantee you that.

i would really love to see that post. cause if u look at the million sellers NOT including RE4 wii has 4, PS3 has 5 and xbox i dint even bother to count, but its some crazy ammount. and im not trying to be an a** h***.