By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - .P Harrison: Third parties can only reach 40% of Wii owners.

antfromtashkent said:
celine said:
antfromtashkent said:
....... red steel :P

I'm quite sure RS has a development cost inferior to CoD4 e AC.

And if RS has the same development cost, well it is only one title , an exception. So my logic doesn't fail while yours ...

ooooook how about no more heros?

NMH was made by two guys in a garage outside Chiba city. The largest expense was day-old bento boxes. So that proves your point, right?

Around the Network
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
celine said:
antfromtashkent said:

And if RS has the same development cost, well it is only one title , an exception. So my logic doesn't fail while yours ...

NMH was made by two guys in a garage outside Chiba city. The largest expense was day-old bento boxes. So that proves your point, right?

Epoch Win.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

antfromtashkent said:
celine said:
antfromtashkent said:

Dude, open your eyes. Marvelous ( publisher of NMH ) made recently a party because NMH has sold good.

Marvelous's president announced that they are quite happy because they have sold ( to retailers ) 400K units worldwide. How do you think NMH has cost to made ( for break even and made a profit ...)? How many advertaisment do you have seen about it ( like Assassin Creed or Call of Duty 4 ) ?

Grasshopper is famous to be a indie developer that made stylish cheap games.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
celine said:
antfromtashkent said:

actually no..... my point was that 3rd party titles dont sell as well on the wii so please prove me wrong

antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
celine said:
antfromtashkent said:

actually no..... my point was that 3rd party titles dont sell as well on the wii so please prove me wrong

So NMH would have sold better on the DS? If that's your point I agree completely. I also stand by my assertion about the day-old bento.

Around the Network
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
celine said:
antfromtashkent said:

So NMH would have sold better on the DS? If that's your point I agree completely. I also stand by my assertion about the day-old bento.

no actually i just said what my point was ^^

antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
celine said:
antfromtashkent said:

I know. And I was agreeing that "3rd party titles don't sell as well on the Wii" as they would on the DS. So is that a yes?

I think what hes saying is that 60% bought a Wii for Wii-sports or fit or Mario games, and its not like PS2 was.

Casual gamers arent going to buy alot of games. The game comes with Wii Sports, half the people then buy Wii-Play, and then you have to beat out Wii Fit, SMG, Mario Kart and SSB:B by using innovation not graphics or plot to gain enough attention to sell.

Hes saying your not competing with Nintendo in quality or popularity, and most people are going to buy your game. I think its true, and sales show that. Its the way Nintendo has always been, and all these emerging third party devs have no room on that platform. Its not that they don't make good games, it just doesnt appeal.

Of the PS3 owners that bought the PS3 as a gaming machine, you have the highest %. Problem is, that the % of people who did buy it as a gaming machine might be as low as 70%. The 360 probably has anywhere between 90%-95% who bought it for games, but many of them are very strict about what games they do buy. (360 players will buy any shooter game that pushes a good storyline, advances in graphics, but won't buy as many RPG's as PS3 owners would per owner)

I dont see it as an insult to Nintendo, just a realistic outlook on what is selling. It might hurt Ninty fanboys feelings a bit, but thats why the Wii hasn't mattered as much to the two other consoles. Its a different crowd, and the only developers that can be really successful is Nintendo themselves.

fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
celine said:
antfromtashkent said:

I know. And I was agreeing that "3rd party titles don't sell as well on the Wii" as they would on the DS. So is that a yes?

LOL NO! did u see me type DS somwhere? i dont know if they would that is an assumption

antfromtashkent said:
fkusumot said:
antfromtashkent said:
celine said:
antfromtashkent said:

Replace sold with profit and ask yourself why software support for Wii is increasing day after day and not decreasing.

And ask yourself how the fourth port of a masterpiece like RE4 has sold over 1 million copy ( it's funny but RE4 is one of the highest pdroduction level game on Wii from third-party for now , obviously it is a port from GC ).

Oh and I blame WiiFit  

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.