By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - .P Harrison: Third parties can only reach 40% of Wii owners.

Not bad at all :P

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

Around the Network

He should stop saying this kind of stuff and focus on the ps3.

mike_intellivision said:

Any idea what he based that on -- other than to pick a number which was less than Sony's PS3 installed base?

And notice he got shot down fairly quickly by a third-party developer.

I mean I know some units are being used as rehab machines and in senior centers. But I doubt its more than half 8*>

Mike from Morgantown

Actually his argument is "The Wii's first party games are so good third partys just can't compete."

Which is just insulting to 3rd partys... and Sony.

"Hey, come make games for our system instead! Our first party games aren't as much a threat to you as those magnificent bastards at Nintendo!"

I haven't seen a more self insulting pitch since

"Apple computers don't have virus' because our computers are so niche and unused even dicks who just do stuff to make peoples lives suck don't think we're worth the time!"

Seriously, don't these guys run their statements by the PR deparment? 

Kasz216 said:

Actually his argument is "The Wii's first party games are so good third partys just can't compete."

Which is just insulting to 3rd partys... and Sony.

"Hey, come make games for our system instead! Our first party games aren't as much a threat to you as those magnificent bastards at Nintendo!"

I haven't seen a more self insulting pitch since

"Apple computers don't have virus' because our computers are so niche and unused even dicks who just do stuff to make peoples lives suck don't think we're worth the time!"

Seriously, don't these guys run their statements by the PR deparment?

Didn't look at it like that, but that's very true. I guess that's why Young stood up for 3rd parties. Even EA was like "what are you talking about."

Interesting. 

well it looks like sony only got 10% of ps2 fans to get a ps3, !!!oh snap!!!! sony joke lol

Around the Network

People do realize that the average PS2 game only reached 2% of its install base, right?

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

...does Nintendo even reach 40%?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Phil was being optimistic since more than 50% of Wii's are wiisports machines collecting dust.

Btw: I played SSBB at GDC and it looks pretty damn good but it still plays like my N64 SSB. But I had the same feeling with mario galaxy. For me there wasn't enough innovation to make Galaxy better than Mario 64 though...

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

krik said:
Phil was being optimistic since more than 50% of Wii's are wiisports machines collecting dust.

Btw: I played SSBB at GDC and it looks pretty damn good but it still plays like my N64 SSB. But I had the same feeling with mario galaxy. For me there wasn't enough innovation to make Galaxy better than Mario 64 though...

can you please stop smoking crack b4 you post.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
krik said:

can you please stop smoking crack b4 you post.

ROFL!

You are the shizzle dizzle Weezy.

Can´t stop laughing.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.