By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - .P Harrison: Third parties can only reach 40% of Wii owners.

antfromtashkent said:
Stever89 said:
antfromtashkent said:

... and a guaranteed sucsess since it was already a huge sucess. ...

So any game that has guareenteed success doesn't count?

This just in: Million sellers (that count) for each console are as follows:

360: 0

PS3: 0

Wii: Carnival Games is the only one

Wii wins.

i dint say that... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wait what? 

Around the Network
antfromtashkent said:
Stever89 said:
antfromtashkent said:

because that was a port from GC and a guaranteed sucsess since it was already a huge sucess. like i said before thats like including PS2 best sellers to the PS3's

Wii wins. 

i dint say that...   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well then what did you say?  It's not like we're counting sales of the GC version as sales of the Wii version... it sold >1M Wii-specific version.  In addition to the GC versions.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Stever89 said:
antfromtashkent said:
Stever89 said:
antfromtashkent said:

... and a guaranteed sucsess since it was already a huge sucess. ...

Wii wins.

i dint say that... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wait what? 

because that was a port from GC    +     ike i said before thats like including PS2 best sellers to the PS3's. oh man im reapeating my self A LOT on this tread...................

antfromtashkent said:
well i have a question... Can ny one name a third party game that scored as much on the metacritic as SMG? Third party games dont do nearly as well on the Wii so think that thats the point no?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

because that was a port from GC and a guaranteed sucsess since it was already a huge sucess. like i said before thats like including PS2 best sellers to the PS3's

But you're also basically saying any game that has guaranteed success, like most Mario games, FF games, GTA games, anything that has a number after the name, can't be counted, because they are guaranteed. So yes, I agree. We can't count COD4, PES, FIFA, and Need for Speed. So that leaves PS3 with 4 million sellers that count, and JEEZ 3 of them are Sony games. Only Sony games and sequels sell on the PS3! Call the press!

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
antfromtashkent said:
well i have a question... Can ny one name a third party game that scored as much on the metacritic as SMG? Third party games dont do nearly as well on the Wii so think that thats the point no?

i dont think im even gonna respond to that :(

Stever89 said:

But you're also basically saying any game that has guaranteed success, like most Mario games, FF games, GTA games, anything that has a number after the name, can't be counted, because they are guaranteed. So yes, I agree. We can't count COD4, PES, FIFA, and Need for Speed. So that leaves PS3 with 4 million sellers that count, and JEEZ 3 of them are Sony games. Only Sony games and sequels sell on the PS3! Call the press!
ok fine i appologise for that line. here is the revition.  because that was a port from GC. ike i said before thats like including PS2 best sellers to the PS3's

antfromtashkent said:
Stever89 said:

ok fine i appologise for that line. here is the revition. because that was a port from GC. ike i said before thats like including PS2 best sellers to the PS3's

Most ported games end up selling much worse on a next gen system.  So your reasoning seems quite flawed.

See Scarface and Godfather.

That only makes sense if they ported the PS2 games to the PS3 with significant upgrades, and then they went on to seel 1 mil+.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

That and RE4 Wii will probably outsell RE4 GC, on relatively similar userbases.