By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has played Kingdoms of Amalur? You really should!

Tagged games:

I bought it for cheap, played five hours and quit.  Nikkom's quote is almost my opinion word for word.

NiKKoM said:

Combat was good.. the rest was a borefest.. fetch quest everywhere..

Around the Network

Seems like the game is very divisive, people seem to love it or hate it!

It didn't sell too badly, but it was clearly too high budget to make money back without truly going mainstream! Guess the divisiveness cost it.

Definitely think its worth picking up, especially if cheap!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Played it excessively for a few days. Then I had to stop. I couldn't progress anymore because of too much loot.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Played it excessively for a few days. Then I had to stop. I couldn't progress anymore because of too much loot.

Bahahahah!

It is torture isn't it, having to throw out/sell all this lovely stuff to make room for more lovely stuff!

starcraft said:
vivster said:

Bahahahah!

It is torture isn't it, having to throw out/sell all this lovely stuff to make room for more lovely stuff!

It wasn't lovely stuff. It was just stuff. But it was free and it popped um every 2 meters. I can't walk past a free loot opportunity.
It's like a game made of Skyim butterflies.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I love this game very very much. I have all the DLC. I have probably put around 100 hours or more into it and I am no where near finishing. It is very very long but so enjoyable. The soundtrack is amazing and I never get tired of it! The combat.....I have not see an RPG do it better than this in my opinion. Glad to see others enjoy it as much as I have in the past.

bettergetdave said:
I love this game very very much. I have all the DLC. I have probably put around 100 hours or more into it and I am no where near finishing. It is very very long but so enjoyable. The soundtrack is amazing and I never get tired of it! The combat.....I have not see an RPG do it better than this in my opinion. Glad to see others enjoy it as much as I have in the past.

Absolutely, such fun.  I have absolutely tumbled down the rabbit hole.  Sinking 4 hour sessions at a time into this game!

I'm glad you made this thread... I've been interested in playing/buying this game!

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

It was awesome. Reminded me of fable series. I enjoyed it but couldnt finish.

I've probably put in about 30 or so hours into Kingdoms of Amalur and enjoyed it for the most part, although unfortunately I never got to finish it. I remember stopping my playthrough of Amalur in order to play Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen last year, and just never got around to coming back to it.