By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - have you ever played an MMO?

have you ever played an MMO?

I've bought 1:

guild wars (also preordered)

guild wars: factions (also preordered)

guild wars: nightfall (preordered only)

Soon enough I got tired of people using bots to farm for gold, and I stopped buying "guild wars" games.

Also I had 2 (30 player guilds) somehow dissapear from my ownership.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Nope never....They seem like a waste of time to me *looks at WoW*

I find it funny how one type of game can be a waste of time while another is not. They are all entertainment and pretty much good ole wastes of time! (or also knowen as fun)

I have played Everquest Daoc WoW & Lord of the rings online.

Next up looks to be Age of Conan.

elendar said:
I find it funny how one type of game can be a waste of time while another is not. They are all entertainment and pretty much good ole wastes of time! (or also knowen as fun)

I have played Everquest Daoc WoW & Lord of the rings online.

Next up looks to be Age of Conan.

Because they're designed to be very long games, keeping you playing for months, not 40 hours like a typical "long" game?

The endless questing, walking for very, very long distances, lining up skills and attacks against pointless NPCs...it can be a huge waste of time for many people.

I found Star Wars Galaxies to be fun, I liked the sci-fi Star Wars universe, the housing was cool, Jump to Lightspeed brought old-school joystick flight action into an MMO very well I thought...it was cool to walk around with 20 people in a "Millenium Falcon" type ship, and then get in the cockpit seamlessly and be able to do quick turns and whatnot...MMOs aren't known for the action after all.

Guild Wars was fun because I played with about 8-10 friends regularly...we all kinda got sick of it at the same time though.

I played LOTRO for about a month...seems cool, the huge story and landscape was impressive...but I got bored of it like other MMOs. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I played DAoC for awhile. Actually, I think one of my characters is still in charge of a guild since no one really plays anymore. I get emails sometimes informing me that unless I login, the next highest ranking member will be promoted to being the leader. This method is actually how I got the position when I was bored during a summer. There were at leasr a few people left in our alliabce even if not guild.

Around the Network

I tried out WoW and wasn't impressed. I especially wasn't impressed when my brother started to lose interest in everything but WoW.

I've played Everquest, Everquest II, WoW, and FFXI.

Of all those I think FFXI is by far the best. It's actually difficult, well balanced, I love the job/subjob system, the crafting is really good, and it actually encourages teamwork and interacting with other people (you know, the reason you play MMO's).

I just picked up WoW for the third time this week and the game isn't bad, I just hate how little I'm encouraged to interact with other people. Sure, if you do a raid you need a large amount of people and some quests require pickup groups, but for the most part I feel like I'm still just playing a single player game.

Except for the first 10 or so levels, I never felt like that in FFXI.

only Tibia, is a small MMORPG in 2D but a good one..

Go to www.tibia.com, its free :P

i played Maple Story ... for two days ... and then deleted it ...

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

I tried WoW once at friends house. I did like it at all.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music