By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which system to buy without online?

Actually that was more of one of those hypothetical questions, just to see what people think about which system is better offline.

I actually own a 360, Wii, PS2, DS, and more.

But I don't actually have internet (dial-up sucks)

Click "here" to meet sexy singles!!

o that didnt work?

o u got a virus and lost your credit card to someone in brazil?

Click"here" with a different credit card in hand!

Around the Network

^Great variety.

If your friends are around 8, then Wii, otherwise look into PS3 and 360 games, and choose which one has titles you'd like.

Also do you have a HDTV? Blu-ray movies with the PS3 would be a added bonus if you do.

I mean based on what I have seen of your gaming preferences I have no idea.

If you like non-traditional games and are a Nintendo fan, go with the Wii.

If you like Japanese games, FPS's, and Sony's first party stuff, go with the PS3.

If you like FPS's A LOT, and if you like MS's first party and 3rd party exclusives, xbox 360.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

YOu know he has a xbox 360 and wii he said that a few posts ago.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
wii = mario kart, super smash bros brawl and more nintendo IP's
xbox360 = bioshock, saints row

i feel like you missed a few games that are on the 360 that are good, for example, saints row is good, but there are much better ones, (mass effect, assassins creed, oblivion, forza) those are good, not all are better.

and the wii also has super paper mario, which is really the only wii game i have enjoyed so far for more then 2 hours. 

Click "here" to meet sexy singles!!

o that didnt work?

o u got a virus and lost your credit card to someone in brazil?

Click"here" with a different credit card in hand!

Username2324 said:
If your friends are around 8, then Wii, otherwise look into PS3 and 360 games, and choose which one has titles you'd like.

Also do you have a HDTV? Blu-ray movies with the PS3 would be a added bonus if you do.

Hi! I would like to welcome you to a place I don't know if you have been. If you look to your right, you should be looking right at it! Yeah! That's it. The real world! I just wanted to welcome you.

1st.

Do you think there are any other 8 year olds around here? On the Internet, talking about games.

2nd.

The Wiis average age is above the average for Ps3/X360.

3rd.

10 year minus is the least recommendable age for Wii. It is proven that your eye-hand cordination is far from fully grown before you are 12, and this has a huge infection on Wii games, as your hands are separated from each other, and the motion sensing

4th.

The Wii has less games atm, and 8 year olds play more games than adults. Therefore, I would say that the Wii might have a little to little to offer for an 8 year old atm.

5th.

Don't even try blaming me for being childish - I am.

On topic:

It is the same as with online, it depends on your taste. However, 360 has a bigger fall than the others with no online, but if it has the games you prefer - then it's the best.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

zeldaspimp69 said:
Actually that was more of one of those hypothetical questions, just to see what people think about which system is better offline.

I actually own a 360, Wii, PS2, DS, and more.

But I don't actually have internet (dial-up sucks)

I figured as much. And even without online, the 360 still has (in my opinion) the best collection of games.....but you already know that.

ChronotriggerJM said:
A Super Nintendo. Get Zombies ate my neighbors.

this thread has gained so much awesomeness, it cant be measured no more.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Username2324 said:

(Absolute silence is all I have left for such an incredible insight.)