By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have Sucker Punch Invented A New Art Form?

iceland said:
GribbleGrunger said:
iceland said:
J_Allard said:
I dont see the difference between it and something like GT's photo mode, the photo abilities in Halo/Blops, or virtually any PC game. You can find "artsy" pictures in all of them.

Honestly I was thinking this. Some of those Halo screens, I guess it's different because the graphics are better idk. I hope more games add this feature though.

Can you post an example of virtual photography in Halo?

Too much to look it up yourself? There's plenty out there

Are those in game fottage ?

Around the Network
sabastian said:

Edit the pics out of my post so the quote tree isn't super long lol. And yes, but like I said some are taken using forge to get different colors and such but all in game.

I feel like we're paying too much attention to Halo now lol

iceland said:

Yes. Some of those are made with certain effects in forge (green pic) but they're all in game and yeah it's Halo 4. Not trying to start a war or anything, just showing the OP what he asked for. The Infamous photo mode or whatever looks wonderful, and dem graphics.

I'm finding it very hard to believe that 8 year old hardware renders that in real time. I'm not doubting you personally, I'm merely saying I'm astonished at what I'm seeing. The leaves on that plant look better than any leaves I've seen in Uncharted's multitude of j;ungles. I suppose the effects you are referring to add post process effects that anti-aliase, improve lighting and make things look more evolved graphically than it actually does in game - that's the only explanation I can think of. If I'm wrong then I should get a hold of a 360 and a nice TV and analyze the shit out of it. 

iceland said:
sabastian said:

Edit the pics out of my post so the quote tree isn't super long lol. And yes, but like I said some are taken using forge to get different colors and such but all in game.

I feel like we're paying too much attention to Halo now lol

Is that in game GAMEPLAY or in game cutscene ? I cant recall that shot even In game in HALO ......

The Halo pics posted come even close to what the OP posted... even so one is ingame and the other not.

Around the Network
Richard_Feynman said:

I'm finding it very hard to believe that 8 year old hardware renders that in real time. I'm not doubting you personally, I'm merely saying I'm astonished at what I'm seeing. The leaves on that plant look better than any leaves I've seen in Uncharted's multitude of j;ungles. I suppose the effects you are referring to add post process effects that anti-aliase, improve lighting and make things look more evolved graphically than it actually does in game - that's the only explanation I can think of. If I'm wrong then I should get a hold of a 360 and a nice TV and analyze the shit out of it. 

I'm not going to pretend like I know if it does that, could very well be the case. If you ever do that let me know, it'll be interesting.

ethomaz said:
The Halo pics posted come even close to what the OP posted... even so one is ingame and the other not.

I'm sorry, I didn't know I was trying to 1up the OP... He simply asked and I provided pics. They're in game as far as I know.

Those are really beautiful pics. Very impressive.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

ethomaz said:

Please elaborate! I think there are a few of us here who are quite eager to hear what the deal is with those pics.

Richard_Feynman said:

Please elaborate! I think there are a few of us here who are quite eager to hear what the deal is with those pics.

inFAMOUS pics are ingame and after you take the picture you can add effects... you can take these pictures from anyware playing thegame. The Halo pics are not ingame because the game itself doesn't look like these pictures (at least from at I played)... unless I'm missing something here (BTW I just can see the last two Halo pics posted).

Edit - The Halo pics looks like cutscenes but even so the game I played never had this look.