By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have Sucker Punch Invented A New Art Form?

J_Allard said:
I dont see the difference between it and something like GT's photo mode, the photo abilities in Halo/Blops, or virtually any PC game. You can find "artsy" pictures in all of them.

People like you don't get invited anywhere.

Around the Network

I think that's a bit of a stretch, they sure look pretty and can be very artsy as photos but that's about it.

gatito said:
I think that's a bit of a stretch, they sure look pretty and can be very artsy as photos but that's about it.

You couldn't reproduce a lot of those photos though because it's the actual user (photographer) that's brought something to the picture, as they would in real life. And if you say you can then you're missing the point. There are many award winning photographs that could be dismissed based on the fact that 'anyone could have taken them' but the point is they didn't.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
iceland said:
J_Allard said:
I dont see the difference between it and something like GT's photo mode, the photo abilities in Halo/Blops, or virtually any PC game. You can find "artsy" pictures in all of them.

Honestly I was thinking this. Some of those Halo screens, I guess it's different because the graphics are better idk. I hope more games add this feature though.

Can you post an example of virtual photography in Halo?

Too much to look it up yourself? There's plenty out there

iceland said:

Those aren't in game are they? Is that Halo 4?

Around the Network

But they're just screenshots and not what I'm talking about. The photography in ISS isn't about it looking 'nice' it's about the input of the user creating something akin to real photography. There's narrative, perspective, emotion and sometimes 'poetry' in the way some of these guys/gals are using the mode. They're not capturing how good the game looks, they're capturing something personal to them:

The PS5 Exists. 

Firstly, I like this thread!. But I don't know about the question you asked in the OP. Perhaps Sucker Punch have allowed the end users more than ever before due to the high level of fidelity of all the assets in the game world itself.

What I do know is that Sucker Punch should feel very, very proud of what they've done. BUT,

Imagine a Second Son reskinned as a magical, middle earth game! *Jaw hits the floor*

GribbleGrunger said:
iceland said:
J_Allard said:

Honestly I was thinking this. Some of those Halo screens, I guess it's different because the graphics are better idk. I hope more games add this feature though.

Can you post an example of virtual photography in Halo?

NO he can't.............

Richard_Feynman said:
iceland said:

Those aren't in game are they? Is that Halo 4?

Yes. Some of those are made with certain effects in forge (green pic) but they're all in game and yeah it's Halo 4. Not trying to start a war or anything, just showing the OP what he asked for. The Infamous photo mode or whatever looks wonderful, and dem graphics.

sabastian said:

NO he can't.............

omg I've been exposed :(