By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Questions about Gran Turismo 5

PooperScooper said:
Whats the difference between paying 100(40 fo "demo" 60 for full length) dollars for a game you really want to play before its out and paying 400 dollars for an Iphone... Or 3,000 dollars for Macbook Air... You are paying to be an early adapter. to do something you really want to do. This is the trend of technology get use to it.

Very true, and I gree with you. But I do get the point of what the others are saying.

It's a good thing that we have the advantage to get Prologue in the first place, before GT5 IMO.

But it is also a good thing that more games do not have the same thing. 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
Whats the difference between paying 100(40 fo "demo" 60 for full length) dollars for a game you really want to play before its out and paying 400 dollars for an Iphone... Or 3,000 dollars for Macbook Air... You are paying to be an early adapter. to do something you really want to do. This is the trend of technology get use to it.

Nothing in that paragraph has any relevance to GT5 Prologue. The iPhone was released at retail at a specific price and then took a price drop. It was not made available with only about 20% of it's features months earlier for those that wanted to adopt early. There really is no comparison for Prologue. It's not a business practice most companies partake in.

Let me put it in another way. Suppose this were Resident Evil 5 Prologue instead. They offered you about five hours of the finished product plus an online mode(hypothetically; it may end up having one). It costs $40, and seven months later the real thing is released. Unfortunately you need to now go back and repurchase the game in full. Don't get me wrong, I see prople purchasing Prologue. I just don't think any of them will be very happy about purchasing it come November-January when Gran Turismo 5 is released. Sony should make people feel like they made a wise decision purchasing Prologue because you don't want to piss off your customers in that way.

You're also going to have a lot of people that don't read these websites and magazines, and won't understand how small Prologue is. They're going to see Gran Turismo 5, see that it's $40 and think they're getting a deal. Something's telling me Sony won't be putting a warning on the site and box saying "WARNING! Only purchase this game if you realize that a much better version of Gran Turismo 5 will be out in December and don't mind double-purchasing!"

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Lets hope no more delays on PS3 games by Sony. It is getting really annoying that Sony have to delay every game by 6 months or more. GTA IV should of been out October last year, now it will be out on April 29th..... over 6 months late. Resistance 2, GT5 and MGS4 better get released soon or there will be some disgruntled fans out there.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Lets hope no more delays on PS3 games by Sony. It is getting really annoying that Sony have to delay every game by 6 months or more. GTA IV should of been out October last year, now it will be out on April 29th..... over 6 months late. Resistance 2, GT5 and MGS4 better get released soon or there will be some disgruntled fans out there.

Its not Sony's fault that GTA got pushed back to April, the game had so many bugs and frame rates drops and such a lack of polish it would of been broken right out the door.  Why would anyone be pissed if RFoM2 is not released soon, its not coming out until November, that was always the plan.  I don't think anyone expected GT5 to come out soon, they still have not released GT5p in NA or Euope, i don't think the game was ever planned to come anytime soon.  MGS4 was planned for a Q1 08 release, its still Q1 so i don't see a problem.

I'm not to worried about these games, i have HSG5 in march and GTA4 in April, and thats all i need until the fall. We already know RFoM2 is coming out in November, plus we might see KZ2 in 08 too unless it is delayed, but i  don't care.  The good games can take their time, there is planty of other games to play on the PS3.

how could you complain that R2 is released in November, they only just released Ratchet?

Around the Network
Griffin said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Its not Sony's fault that GTA got pushed back to April, the game had so many bugs and frame rates drops and such a lack of polish it would of been broken right out the door. Why would anyone be pissed if RFoM2 is not released soon, its not coming out until November, that was always the plan. I don't think anyone expected GT5 to come out soon, they still have not released GT5p in NA or Euope, i don't think the game was ever planned to come anytime soon. MGS4 was planned for a Q1 08 release, its still Q1 so i don't see a problem.

I'm not to worried about these games, i have HSG5 in march and GTA4 in April, and thats all i need until the fall. We already know RFoM2 is coming out in November, plus we might see KZ2 in 08 too unless it is delayed, but i don't care. The good games can take their time, there is planty of other games to play on the PS3.

Some one on this website has a sig from Miyamoto saying a bad game will always be bad and a delayed game has a chance of being good or soemthing like that and I rather like it.  If the game needs to be delayed to make it better, by all means do so, I can find another game to play or something else to do.

1. Unsure
2. Unsure
3. No, it'll be 2008.

The Ramones are the greatest rock band ever.

I'm saving up some cash for one of the Next Gen consoles.

im buying a steraing wheel specifically for this game

CaptainPrefrences said:
im buying a steraing wheel specifically for this game

Do it, and don't let anyone convince you otherwise.  I bought the Driving Force Pro for GT4, and it was worth every penny.

I think it's Sony trying to make an extra profit from a game that wont get released until 2009. Good on them but would anyone have bought Mario Galaxy with only 40 stars available at 60% of the games price 12 months before the actual on sale date. I think there would have been a few but most people would have been pissed as hell when they found they had to pay full price for the entire game.