By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Questions about Gran Turismo 5

I haven't been paying nearly enough attention to this game as I should. I couldn't find a few good answers to some questions I had when I was on Google.

1. Are the cars and tracks that appear in Prologue also going to be in Gran Turismo 5?

2. If the answer is yes, is Sony going to make you pay full retail for Gran Turismo 5 when it's released, or can the rest be purchased for $20 to make it fair for adopters of GT5 Prologue?

3. It's taking a long time to get Prologue out, and it doesn't seem to pack nearly as much content as GT games usually do. With a Q4 2008 release date already for the full version, does anyone think this one is getting pushed into 2009? 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

1/ YES

2/ u pay the FULL price whatever u have bought prologue or not

3/ you are right ... except if they decide to release un-incomplete game that u can update online using PSN
time will tell.

I believe Sony want GT5 for Xmas 08.

Time to Work !

Onyxmeth said:

I haven't been paying nearly enough attention to this game as I should. I couldn't find a few good answers to some questions I had when I was on Google.

1. Are the cars and tracks that appear in Prologue also going to be in Gran Turismo 5?

2. If the answer is yes, is Sony going to make you pay full retail for Gran Turismo 5 when it's released, or can the rest be purchased for $20 to make it fair for adopters of GT5 Prologue?

3. It's taking a long time to get Prologue out, and it doesn't seem to pack nearly as much content as GT games usually do. With a Q4 2008 release date already for the full version, does anyone think this one is getting pushed into 2009?

1. Yes.

2. You pay full price, no matter what. If they gave a discount, I would buy GT5p. As it stands now, Sony can kiss my pasty white ass. No sale.

3. Sony wants GT5 this year and I hope it releases. Unfortunately, Polyphony's track record for delaying games isn't very promising. If it doesn't release, Sony isn't going to have much blockbuster ammo this holiday season against Gears 2. Resistance, KZ2, etc. are nice, but they need a giant to go against the sequel of a 4+ million seller in Gears.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I read that when Polyphony released Gran Turismo 4 Prologue, it took them a full year to get Gran Turismo 4 out. It doesn't sound very promising, but I hope they can bring it out complete and timely.

That is really rotten to double charge people for the same content. Considering how Prologue is probably only 20% of the content GT5 will have, without the car damage that they say won't be added until the full release, how can they charge 66% of the retail price? You shouldn't have to pay extra because of delays caused by Sony. It's not a very good way to treat the fans. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

I read that when Polyphony released Gran Turismo 4 Prologue, it took them a full year to get Gran Turismo 4 out. It doesn't sound very promising, but I hope they can bring it out complete and timely.

That is really rotten to double charge people for the same content. Considering how Prologue is probably only 20% of the content GT5 will have, without the car damage that they say won't be added until the full release, how can they charge 66% of the retail price? You shouldn't have to pay extra because of delays caused by Sony. It's not a very good way to treat the fans.

The people who buy prologue know what they are getting into, so its not rotten.

Around the Network

I think R2 could match GoW2 because they are sort of "counter part" eachother. The 2 games were released +1 years ago and they were played a lot by the PS60 owners. Of course, GoW get higher review (game of the year ?), amazing gfx but since there was no game on the PS3, a lot of people played Resistance too.
The point is that these 2 games are mainly targetted for PS360 owners

At the opposite, GT5 is targetted for PS2/PSX owners and that make a BIG difference in term of moving console that is why Sony need it for Xmas

Time to Work !

libellule said:
I think R2 could match GoW2 because they are sort of "counter part" eachother. The 2 games were released +1 years ago and they were played a lot by the PS60 owners. Of course, GoW get higher review (game of the year ?), amazing gfx but since there was no game on the PS3, a lot of people played Resistance too.
The point is that these 2 games are mainly targetted for PS360 owners

At the opposite, GT5 is targetted for PS2/PSX owners and that make a BIG difference in term of moving console that is why Sony need it for Xmas

Resistance doesn't carry nearly the name behind it that Gears does.

But you're right as far as markets and sales go, GT5>>Gears>Resistance. Without GT5, Sony doesn't have a lot to carry them through the busy season, much like what happened in 2007. The games might be good but they're not "holy ****, I need a PS3 for that" kinda games that appeal to the general population.

You know I was not really talking about the game quality itself.
I was more talking about the "brandname".

GT has a brandname appealing PSX/PS2 crowd (like GTA !!!)

Gears dones't have this type of brandname. It only appeals (for now) the hardcore gamers and the Xbox360 fans.

GoW = 4M

GT/GTA = I bet close to 50M

Time to Work !

Infamous should be out then, ND have not said anything, so there is a tiny chance of a one year turn around although Evan Wells has said that it will probably be the same dev lengths as on PS2 (2 years, 1 year, 1 year, 1 year), and there is obviously Resistance 2 and KZ 2. there should also be White Knight Story, although that will have little impact outside of Japan.
there is also Eight Days, the Getaway and Afrika, all of which have basically gone unmentioned since E3 2005, but hopefully we should see them this year

libellule said:
You know I was not really talking about the game quality itself.
I was more talking about the "brandname".

GT has a brandname appealing PSX/PS2 crowd (like GTA !!!)

Gears dones't have this type of brandname. It only appeals (for now) the hardcore gamers and the Xbox360 fans.

GoW = 4M

GT/GTA = I bet close to 50M

We're talking about the same thing and I agree with you entirely. But I think Gears appeals to more than just the hardcore... It's hard to move 4.5m units on the backs of core gamers alone.

It definitely doesn't have the broad-based appeal of GT games, though. My point was that without GT5, Sony would be facing an uphill battle against Gears. They don't have anything else this holiday season that carries the brandname of Gears.