By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - NVIDIA's New GeForce 9600 GT is a WINNER for Many

Game_boy said:
makingmusic476 said:
I need to upgrade my card one of these days. I'll probably for for a 9800 over the summer.

A 9800GTX is an 8800GTS with very slightly higher clockspeeds. Is that what you want?

If its priced right, why not?

I love my G92 8800GTS.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Around the Network

Old news....

Sqrl said:
Its just got a whole lot harder to bitch about PC prices compared to consoles...and its only going to get better from here...

consoles to video card upgrades or whole computer upgrades! and when the video card needs upgrading once a year to play the latest game! I'll stick with consoles!

My last pc upgrade was to a 7600 gt and I played 2 games on my pc with it and some demos! besides I cant trade my pc games in when I beat them!

I'm waiting for the real next generation graphics card... got a 8800GTS at the moment and it serves me well enough for now.

Daddo Splat said:
Sqrl said:
Its just got a whole lot harder to bitch about PC prices compared to consoles...and its only going to get better from here...

consoles to video card upgrades or whole computer upgrades! and when the video card needs upgrading once a year to play the latest game! I'll stick with consoles!

My last pc upgrade was to a 7600 gt and I played 2 games on my pc with it and some demos! besides I cant trade my pc games in when I beat them!

I agree that a whole upgrade can be a little expensive (though not as expensive as some may think), but my 3ish year old video card (7800 gt) that can still play games with a decent frame rate says 'hi' to you!

lol, upgrade once a year my ass. Unless you buy the very bottom of the barrel video card every year, that shouldn't be the case. However, I agree about trading games in because that would be nice. However, PC games are a little cheaper than console games (360/PS3) and I believe they also drop in price pretty quickly as well.