By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Theory: "What Gamers want" gives us the answers

Tagged games:

... to some of the the most discussed topics here. I don't want to say: "That's it and only that!" but there are some good arguments.

The latest episode is the most important but I want to start with another video:

MatPat wants to make it clear that there aren't so many difference between the Virtual Boy and the Wii U. These points are more or less important and so this video is just the introduction for another thing: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS1p7W5dmBE

In the next theory he talked about innovation and the things we don't want which is innovation by the way: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxhs-GLE29Q

And then there is the most important point: What gamers want. And I think this theory is just amazing because everything seems to be right:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyXcr6sDRtw

Just think about it: Nobody knows what he really wants and so there have to be some people who try so many different things, so the other can follow this path. That means that the reason why the PS4 is winning this generation is because of the communication of the people. With the E3 conference last year they won this generation because everyone said: "That's what we want! No DRM! No region locks! etc." Microsoft lost their fans just because there were some people saying that Microsoft's plans are bad. Just because nobody knows that the Wii U is a new console the Gamepad console failed and with every new post in this forum saying that the Wii U and the Xbox One are crap and the PS4 is great it is so. Of course not everybody has so much effect on other like big youtubers but if the majority has an opinion it will be like this. No, I don't want to say that this is the only reason but the other reasons like the price or the games have their effect on the opinions, too. And there are exceptions: the Wii has won 7th gen without the trust of some so called experts.

Maybe you'll say:"Yeah, of course. I already knew that" but I think this can influence our future way of thinking and opinions on future consoles etc when Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo announce their next hardware.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Around the Network

So... gamers are basically sheep? Where is that new plague at? We need to kill pewdiepie his all his followers

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
So... gamers are basically sheep? Where is that new plague at? We need to kill pewdiepie his all his followers

But that's not all. Everyone has the potential to be the next pewdiepie not only the followers...

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

I mean, it was a great video, and all his videos are awesome. But this is already proved with the GCN. It's pretty much every Nintendo fan wet dreams (new IP, mature games, somewhat of 3rd party support, and, with the exception of WW, it had the best diversity and version of every popular Ninty game) yet, it sold like crap. Then the Wii came, everybody hate it, and it was the best selling Nintendo home console.
In my opinion, Nintendo's philosophy is what they should go with. Don't listen to fans, don't listen to media, and do the best you can!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
I mean, it was a great video, and all his videos are awesome. But this is already proved with the GCN. It's pretty much every Nintendo fan wet dreams (new IP, mature games, somewhat of 3rd party support, and, with the exception of WW, it had the best diversity and version of every popular Ninty game) yet, it sold like crap. Then the Wii came, everybody hate it, and it was the best selling Nintendo home console.
In my opinion, Nintendo's philosophy is what they should go with. Don't listen to fans, don't listen to media, and do the best you can!

Yes but if this won't be enough? The problem is more and more people are sad or annoyed that Nintendo doesn't give the people what they want. But when they do nobody buys this things and they can't find a new target group every new console generation and earn enough money.

Around the Network

Didn't Wind Waker sell 4.6 million? Plus with the added sales of Wind Waker HD that puts it over 5.6 million. Same with Ocarina of Time, the combined sales of that and Ocarina of Time 3D are 10.93 million.

But aside from those, I agree with the video.

Slarvax said:

Wind Waker is the best game of all time, so no. Not "with the exception of Wind Waker."

RolStoppable said:
Only watched the first video and it's too flawed to make me want watch any other video. Why did he not mention the 3DS as another Virtual Boy? Why did he not link the Wii U to the GC? Because these two are the better comparisons.

He's right that Nintendo repeated the mistakes of their past, but he's wrong in suggesting that Nintendo forgot about their past. If the damn Iwata Asks were loading, I could copy-paste Iwata saying that Nintendo failed everytime they tried 3D, so they were reluctant to make the 3DS; but they went ahead and did it anyway. They thought it couldn't go wrong after the DS and Wii success. Same story for the Wii U which was an attempt to sell the GC with built-in connectivity with tacked on Wii brand to make it seem like something it isn't.

Also, Slarvax should start to live in the real world, not the reality-distorted field that is known as video game forums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJFoSqt_iw0

Than you can agree with this video.

In the third video he gives other reasons which are more important. That's why I said it's the most important for this thread.

spemanig said:
Slarvax said:

Wind Waker is the best game of all time, so no. Not "with the exception of Wind Waker."

*thumbs up*