By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did you buy wii because of price or is it just better?

I bought it for smash bros

"Weird, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so weird is acceptable to me."

Brawl Code:  1934-0329-3819 Pm me if you added me

Around the Network

As most of us, the games... i've been waiting for the revolution a long time, and wanted to feel the difference, experience the new control method... and Nintendo's games were already my favs anyway, so... i knew i could trust them...

But also the usual reliability of Nintendo's hardware, and the good quality/price (Wii Sports included, Wii Play with the second wiimote). It was the first time in my life i've bought a console on day one...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

I bought it because I saw potential in the concept, it isnt quite as revolutionary as thought it would be, but games like MP3 and RE4 (its a good rehash before anyone calls me on it, because of the controls) are a step in the right direction.
besides I have a 360, and im looking at picking up a PS3 when it becomes worth it.

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

I bought it because it looks good in my living room. The other consoles are just plain ugly! The Wii is a nice addition to my minimalistic home.

The blue light is awesome at parties too.

Another reason I bought it was the music in Everybody votes channel.

Why would anybody want to buy it for some other reason?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I find it funny so many are saying "for the games" yet everywhere else its always "oh the games for the Wii suck, there's no third party support".

Around the Network

i'd say 20% bought wii for its price.

I sure as hell didnt

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I don't think "it's just better" I think its the best. However, that's my opinion and I wouldn't convince anyone otherwise.

Anyway, personally, I woulda paid more for my Wii than my PS3, any day of the week. Price is nothing to me.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

price wasnt an issue for, i just wanted one

it looked so fun and had to have one and it is fun!!!

C. It was different and I wanted it. Any gamer who doesn't own one is missing out. And any gamer who only owns a Wii is missing out.