By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why EA/Microsoft haven't announced TitanFall numbers. (opinion)

Which one tastes better?

Pepsi 35 27.13%

CocaCola? 80 62.02%

See Results 14 10.85%

Total:129
badgenome said:
Soleron said:

They're the same thing. I don't know why you'd think they're not.

Announcing sales figures can be a form of hype, sure, but I can't recall a platform holder ever announcing the sales of a third party game. Not to say that it's never happened, but it sure doesn't happen often. The closest thing that comes to mind is bragging about COD on 360 outselling the PS3 version 2:1 in response to NPD or something like that.

Yes; I'd still be expecting EA to make the release, but I'm confident Microsoft is in control of all the PR direction and strategy.

Around the Network

Ì can't imagine it's selling much on pc, if it's on Origin only

MB1025 said:
Soleron said:
MB1025 said:

Hyping a game and annoucning sales figures is a way different thing. I don't even know why you would compare it like that.

They're the same thing. I don't know why you'd think they're not.

Yes because it isn't like EA has earning reports or anything. Microsoft has no ties to the game other than money paid to EA for exlcusive rights. Other than that Respawn made it and EA published it.

And unless EA tells MS the numbers shipped they won't know what they are. It's EA's information to announce no matter how much MS promoted it as if it was 1st party.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

TitanFall will most likely reach 6 or 7 million sales this year, or even higher, and thats when EA should announce the numbers. when TF reaches "Mega" sales, so people can compare it to the "Mega" franchises. This is why i dont see EA's lack of TF announcments as a sign of TF under performing. Fact of the matter is TitanFall competes with CoD, not infamous. EA doesnt care one bit about infamous numbers and in reality doesnt compete with it, so it shouldnt care if Sony announced Infamous numbers, really why should EA care anyways?. 

That's across all 3 platforms, right? 

mutantclown said:

TitanFall will most likely reach 6 or 7 million sales this year, or even higher, and thats when EA should announce the numbers. when TF reaches "Mega" sales, so people can compare it to the "Mega" franchises. This is why i dont see EA's lack of TF announcments as a sign of TF under performing. Fact of the matter is TitanFall competes with CoD, not infamous. EA doesnt care one bit about infamous numbers and in reality doesnt compete with it, so it shouldnt care if Sony announced Infamous numbers, really why should EA care anyways?. 

That's across all 3 platforms, right? 

doesnt really matter, my point stand either way, even if it was or wasnt accross all 3 platforms. 

Around the Network
Soleron said:
MB1025 said:

Yes because it isn't like EA has earning reports or anything. Microsoft has no ties to the game other than money paid to EA for exlcusive rights. Other than that Respawn made it and EA published it.

You're confusing press releases with sales numbers (Public Relations) with earnings reports (Investor Relations). This thread is only about the first one.

Even though EA published it, Microsoft is de facto in control of the game and has the most to gain/lose from a release of numbers.

Thats ridiculous, in what way is MS in control of the game? The only thing they control is marketing and servers. EA owns Titanfall and they are the ones who have the power to announce their quarterly earnings. Just because Sony brags every million of everything doesn't mean everyone does it too.

I think they will anounce TF numbers when it passes Gost and to become "the best selling Xbox One game".  

Right now Titanfall has sold about 1.3M on Xbox One, and Cod Ghost has sold arouund 1.6M, so if Titanfall continues to sell as well as it has been, it should pass up Cod sometime towards the end of May.

jlmurph2 said:

Thats ridiculous, in what way is MS in control of the game? The only thing they control is marketing and servers. EA owns Titanfall and they are the ones who have the power to announce their quarterly earnings. Just because Sony brags every million of everything doesn't mean everyone does it too.

This isn't about quarterly earnings.