By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Tursimo 5 European sales set to beat rest of World?

The Gran Turismo series shipped over 48 million so far worldwide, some interesting shipment data regarding Gran Turismo 4:

1) 2005/03/09 Gran Turismo 4 (Europe) 5.64M

2) 2005/02/22 Gran Turismo 4 (North America) 2.87M

3) 2004/12/28 Gran Turismo 4 (Japan) 1.23M

4) 2005/03/10 Gran Turismo 4 (S.Korea) 0.11M

5) 2004/12/28 Gran Turismo 4 (Asia) 0.07M

Europe's 5.64M is bigger than the rest of the world combined at 4.19M.

BTW, VGChartz seems to be around 1 million short of total Gran Turismo 4 sales (unlikely to be 1 million copies left on the shelfs by now).

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/products/s02.html

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Excuse my typo for this thread's title.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

1/ what about GT3, the first GT of the PS2 (as GT5 is the first GT of the PS3) that could give us a better idea.

2/ I suppose it would be the same for Forza if the Xbox360 user base would be more balanced between NA/PAL.

Time to Work !

@ libellule

Gran Turismo 3 sold better worldwide especially due to North American sales, the original Gran Turismo for the PS1 sold better in Europe than North America.

The PS3 sells much faster in Europe than within the US and Japan, so I think European Gran Tursimo 5 sales will probably significantly beat 'rest of the world' sales.

PS3 vs 360 sales

To be honest I think Forza has weakened the optimal performance of GT5. 'specially in the states dude.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

I believe too

as we can say that Xbox360 sales have weakened PS3 sales in NA

Time to Work !

Forza 2, GT5P.
It will be hard for GT5, though of`course most peopel will go for GT5, then F2 and GT5P, but still.

Time will show, it`s almost 1 year till GT5 release.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Racers are huge in Others, add in the fact that by the time GT5 come out others may have a Equal userbase compared to the rest of the world.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Doesn't GT5 have some sort of tie in with Top Gear? I think you can race round the Top Gear Test Track. If so, this game is going to be mega huge in Europe.

It will beat rest of the world with it's sales in others/Europe, that's pretty much guaranteed.

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------