By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Titanfall Bundle £349.99!!!

Adameh said:
akuseru said:

In all fairness, I will say this is a good deal...

However, didn't everyone say the same with the first TF bundle price cut as well? Then they included Forza in the bundle a couple of weeks later, and now there is this new "price cut" as well... How can this be considered a good deal, when there potentially could be an even better deal only a month or two down the road?

For me, this is just a big, red flag....

I don't think the retailers or Microsoft will or can lower the price even lower than £349.99 without taking losses.

However £349.99 is something like $575 so maybe they can.

I dont' think anyone thought it'd go this low. If people wait it out, it'll go even lower. MS has given no reason to trust their prices at this point

Around the Network
wary-wallaroo said:

Might as well wait, with all these price cuts, this one price cut it'll likely go lower eventually, after quite some time.

They must have millions of X1s sitting on shelves still. They shipped 3.9 million by the end of Dec. Which means they barely sold through their Dec. stock. Assuming production of 1 million a month, there's 3 million X1s in warehouses and on shelves.

No wonder there's been so many desperate prices still well above the PS4 and what's worse therefore entirely predictable is, Ps4 is still selling better.

At this point, no one will buy an X1 at full price. MS will have to continue eating the loss by adding a game for free, or continue taking a hit with these price cuts making a small profit on hardware. Surely not what they wished for, but I can't say they didn't deserve it. 

Fixed that right up for you, don't mention it!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Might as well wait, with all these price cuts, this one price cut it'll likely go lower eventually, after quite some time.

They must have millions of X1s sitting on shelves still. They shipped 3.9 million by the end of Dec. Which means they barely sold through their Dec. stock. Assuming production of 1 million a month, there's 3 million X1s in warehouses and on shelves.

No wonder there's been so many desperate prices still well above the PS4 and what's worse therefore entirely predictable is, Ps4 is still selling better.

At this point, no one will buy an X1 at full price. MS will have to continue eating the loss by adding a game for free, or continue taking a hit with these price cuts making a small profit on hardware. Surely not what they wished for, but I can't say they didn't deserve it. 

No, there's been multiple price cuts, and multiple bundled games (thrown in for free). This is certainly what I would call "desparate", how else would you describe something like this? 

This bundle is the same price as the base PS4. MS might be making a small profit on the hardware at full price, but throwing in Titanfall for free costs them money (they have to pay EA) and I find it highly doubtful that they're still making a profit with a price cut this huge.

It's dropped what, 70 pounds in 4 months? Yea, I doubt a further price cut will take that long, especially if sales continue to be this bad.

wary-wallaroo said:
starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:

No, there's been multiple price cuts, and multiple bunlded games (thrown in for free). This is certainly what I would call "desparate", how else would you describe something like this? 

This bundle is the same price as the base PS4. MS might be making a small profit on the hardware at full price, but throwing in Titanfall for free costs them money (they have to pay EA) and I find it highly doubtful that they're still making a profit with a price cut this huge.

So thanks but no thanks, you didn't fix anything. 

Microsoft has made one price cut in one country.  That was a 25 pound cut in the UK.

Sony has also been bundling games, in almost all countries.  Is it your sense that that is desperate?

In this instance, a retailer has made a discount off their own bat, and clearly feels that with software purchased alongside the console they will still make money.

Opinion is fine, and you're welcome too it.  But much of your post was just factually inaccurate.

starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:
starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:

No, there's been multiple price cuts, and multiple bunlded games (thrown in for free). This is certainly what I would call "desparate", how else would you describe something like this? 

Microsoft has made one price cut in one country.  That was a 25 pound cut in the UK.

Sony has also been bundling games, in almost all countries.  Is it your sense that that is desperate?

In this instance, a retailer has made a discount off their own bat, and clearly feels that with software purchased alongside the console they will still make money.

Opinion is fine, and you're welcome too it.  But much of your post was just factually inaccurate.

It was a £30 cut :P

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

Around the Network
starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:
starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:

No, Sony has bundled games but, if you check, you'll realize that Sony bundles games but the bundle ends up costing the same as the PS4 + Game. This is in stark comparison to MS who are throwing in Titanfall/Forza completely for free (as in, the bundle will cost the same as just the console). 

So, unless I'm missing something, they're not nearly the same thing.

There were also a ton of $50 price cuts in NA during March, and some can still be found, so not just one country. If ASDA is cutting the price again, I doubt MS isn't behind it. 

starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Better fix your train of thoughts than miscorrecting other people's posts.

It is perfectly obvious that someone (be that MS alone or resellers) are losing a shitton of money in the UK for every XBox One sold.

I know you don't like it but let's just throw in some numbers:

350 pounds includes VAT (-20%) + store margins (anyone's guess for UK, -15%?) + free Titanfall game (-$10?) + massive advertising (-$? per sold XBox One, in Spain we had 20mil euros for <(?)100000 units sold, so -$250 per unit!) and you can easily see that somebody IS losing quite a lot of money.

Adameh said:
starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:
starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:

It was a £30 cut :P

Point acknowledged

wary-wallaroo said:
starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:

No, Sony has bundled games but, if you check, you'll realize that Sony bundles games but the bundle ends up costing the same as the PS4 + Game. This is in stark comparison to MS who are throwing in Titanfall/Forza completely for free (as in, the bundle will cost the same as just the console). 

So, unless I'm missing something, they're not nearly the same thing.

Actually, you will find that in a great many countries Sony have included Infamous: Second Son or Knack in their bundle - same goes with Killzone - for the equivelant price.

I will assume given you did not raise it again that you acknowledge that Microsoft hasn't actually cut prices anywhere but the UK.

Adameh said:
akuseru said:

In all fairness, I will say this is a good deal...

However, didn't everyone say the same with the first TF bundle price cut as well? Then they included Forza in the bundle a couple of weeks later, and now there is this new "price cut" as well... How can this be considered a good deal, when there potentially could be an even better deal only a month or two down the road?

For me, this is just a big, red flag....

I don't think the retailers or Microsoft will or can lower the price even lower than £349.99 without taking losses.

However £349.99 is something like $575 so maybe they can.

That might be true, but I cannot say for sure as I don't know how much MS was profitting per XB One sold at the original price level.

There are some risks I see for potential customers from this:

- The price might go further down very shortly, so they might as well just wait a bit longer. This will lead to lower sales during this critical period, as people who would've otherwise bought the XB One at 400 now hold out for further price cuts.

- If the low sales sustain, and if the XB business is not lucrative enough for the suits in MS, the whole XB division could get axed and then buyers will be left with a "Dreamcast", only without the epic library that the Dreamcast had.

Of course I am biased, as I would never buy an XB One, nor any other product from MS, except for Windows because I don't have a choice. But from a customer's point of view, the early pricecuts and other signs coming from MS and XB division is very worrying. Hence, the big, red flag! Apart from the lower price, thus saving some money on your purchase (sorry to say this, but this is "POCKET CHANGE" in the long run), I don't see anything else benefitting the customer from this.