By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Reggie: Wii Will Outsell Xbox 360 in US by June

ClaudeLv250 said:
Reggie knows something we don't.

Yes, he knows how much they expect to ship to America through June.  Since he's in charge of that.  :)

Around the Network

I think this is like the recent PS3 projection in Europe -- I suspect it's based at least partially on Holiday sales, where outselling your competition by 15 percent translates to 100k units, instead of 20k.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Wow those are some bold words....bold because there isn't much to gain should he prove right and quite a bit to lose should he prove wrong.

I wonder if MS will attempt to mount a defense or play it smart and play their own game. I hope they play their own game...partly because I look forward to the Wii passing the 360 in NA but also because it really is their best move to make their decisions according to whats best for them...and quite simply it doesn't matter if the Wii passes the 360 as far as MS is concerned.

To Each Man, Responsibility
ssj12 said:
June... he means May right? lol

Yeah, I was calling a late spring overtake as well. But I think I was counting on the shipments for the first couple months of this year to be a little... beefier.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Wii needs to sell 1.56M more than X360. Includng February and June, it outsold 360 by 850K last year. In January, they sold 100K more.

Let's say 360 maintains the current 75K/week in USA. There are 14 weeks left untill 1st of June. This means Wii will have to sell 183K/week, but let's say 185K/week.

That translates to about 792K/month (30 day month). If Nintendo now makes 1.8M/month soon, that probably means 800K for America, and 600K for Europe, and 400K for Japan.

Does this seem so incredible? I'll say it is a definate possibilty.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
June... he means May right? lol

Yes that is very lol indeed.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

It's a possibility, but with the erratic shipments of Wii systems to the US it's hard to tell for sure. One week 200K, the next week 40k, WTH???

Also once there is more sufficient stocking of Pro/Elite 360's their sales might pick up considerably, so the Wii shipments would have to be higher...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I think starting in march Nintendo will ship 200k a week until july. At that point they begin to build their holiday stockpile.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Ya but you have to remember, when a company man states they are going to outsell the competition and obviously he probably means it, he's talking to investors about this as well. Which means they plan to EASILY outsell the competition. They will ship more then 800k a month to do it to make sure it's a done deal.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Hehe I called June back in last fall.