By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Shutting Down Resistance Series Online Features

If you enjoy the online features of Insomniac Games’ Resistance series on the PlayStation 3 you should use the next couple of days to play them one last time.

As it announced late last year, Sony is ending support for online features in Resistance: Fall of ManResistance 2, and Resistance 3 on April 8. That means you will no longer be able to play the games’ multiplayer or cooperative modes.

Insomniac Games suggested on Twitter that fans hop on and relive memories with some of Insomniac’s employees, who will supposedly be playing as well.

“There are a large variety of reasons why they have to shut down,” Insomniac said in response to a fan who asked why it was ending support of online features. “Sony makes that call though, not us. They maintain online.”

Insomniac said it didn’t know if Sony would be ending online support for Resistance: Burning Skies for the PlayStation Vita, but it doesn’t appear that way according to Sony’s online support pages.

Last year, the developer said it seriously considered making a fourth Resistance game, but was wary of franchise fatigue. It is currently working on the Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive.

Around the Network

meh the series was crap

- This post was moderated,

Carl

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

The series was always average in my eyes ...

Personally i like the franchise but i wasnt a fan of the online. No offense to the people who did

Good thing they're developing for Xbox now!!

Around the Network

If the servers are going shut down forever, I'll be able to download some patch for the single player campaign (that fix bugs) after that?

paulrage2 said:
If the servers are going shut down forever, I'll be able to download some patch for the single player campaign after that?

That's up for the developer.

This is what happens to aging games, they're not gonna keep those servers around forever.

Wright said:
paulrage2 said:
If the servers are going shut down forever, I'll be able to download some patch for the single player campaign after that?

That's up for the developer.

That is up to Sony, they maintain the online, not Insomniac.

However it only mentions Coop and competitive so i assume that you can still patch

toastboy44562 said:
Good thing they're developing for Xbox now!!

Im sure Insmoniac made plenty of money with Sony, including Resistance which sold pretty well.