By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is anyone here buying a Wii U for Mario Kart 8?

Is anyone here buying a Wii U for Mario Kart 8?

I own a Wii U - I am buying for sure 230 60.53%

I own a Wii U - I might buy it 15 3.95%

I own a Wii U - I will NOT buy this game 3 0.79%

I don't own a Wii U - I ... 31 8.16%

I don't own a Wii U - I... 15 3.95%

I don't own a Wii U - No... 48 12.63%

I don't own a Wii U - I ... 6 1.58%

I don't own a Wii U - so... 30 7.89%

Total:378

No.

Around the Network

I got a Wii U at launch, which I wouldn't do now that I've owned it. But if I didn't own it, I definitely wouldn't buy it for Mario Kart because while I enjoy Mario Kart to a degree, it's not a game I like enough to buy a system over.

Mk8 will surely push Wii U sales as well Smash Bros later this year.

Hopefully this triggers an overall sales boost long term.

I still don't understand those who say, "Looks awesome, not enough to make me buy a Wii U". So what is? It still has the most exclusives. It has the highest rated games. Again, what is it? Oh, that's right. It's not a shooter machine. Oh well. Forgot about that.

sales2099 said:

It really is only a incremental upgrade over its predesessors. Those with the Wii version, hell I still have Mario kart DS, there really isn't much we are missing.

You don't pay much attention to the games do you?

Madden and COD have incremental changes... MK has large improvements and completely new gameplay styles/options. Kinda why there is only ever one per console.

Around the Network

I've never played a Mario Kart game. I think I'm unique.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

MarcellusMighty said:
I still don't understand those who say, "Looks awesome, not enough to make me buy a Wii U". So what is? It still has the most exclusives. It has the highest rated games. Again, what is it? Oh, that's right. It's not a shooter machine. Oh well. Forgot about that.

Longevity perhaps?  I am sure most consumers would like a device that will last a while (especially one commanding a 300 dollar price tag) and there is no guarantee that the Wii U in its current form will provide that, especially given the vibe from Nintendo and 3rd parties.

MarcellusMighty said:

Yes.... just bully uninterested consumers into agreeing with you. That's how capitalism works.

It's not going to have the most exclusives for more than a couple more months. It's a console that's getting like four retail games every two months. It's not enough for most people.

I think it will move around 500k extra consoles in the launch and around 2 million extra consoles in the long run. It really looks like a lot of fun, and it is, of course, gorgeous.

And to answer your question: I will not, but because of money, maybe in december. (PS: In Brazil the WiiU costs 800 dollars).

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

MarcellusMighty said:

Very simple.  The Wii U doesn't have Knack.