By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 has always online DRM after all.

"A video is circulating which displays a PS4 user irritated that his games could not be played without an internet connection. He attempts to play Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Sound Shapes, and Flower…

Each of the titles refuse to launch, instead displaying a message stating: “Cannot start the application. The PS4 is not connected to the internet and cannot verify the license for the application”

http://www.developer-tech.com/news/2014/mar/31/drm-gate-year-later-and-its-sonys-turn/

Around the Network

April Fools?

100% identical to the XBONE's DRM.

The Irony? If not April Fools... Le sigh, its hard to tell which articles are legit and which are not :/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Second source, not Aprils fools.

"DRM for the PS4 arrives in the form of account locked PSN games"

http://www.geek.com/games/drm-for-the-ps4-arrives-in-the-form-of-account-locked-psn-games-1574067/

Throughout the the years, Sony has lied to its consumers about EVERYTHING, but this is just terrible.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
The Irony? If not April Fools... Le sigh, its hard to tell which articles are legit and which are not :/

It's legit, but it's 100% like how it is on 360 and XBONE. This isn't new info guys...

Retarded thread. I dont know why people cant understand the difference. All weekend i played games without being online on my ps4. If nothing changed for zb1 that wouldnt have been possible

This was just now found out? Either he's doing something wrong or a very very high amount of PS4 users are using internet.

JoeTheBro said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

It's legit, but it's 100% like how it is on 360 and XBONE. This isn't new info guys...

the way the news media/the overwhelming majority of forum posters plays, sony is perfect, gives away all games for free out of the goodness of their hearts, etc etc...

I mean why would they ever have DRM at all?

Article is also written by an ignorant gamer aswell