By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - More games need a "listen to music" feature

i say just give me a good game and i don't care for all the extras

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

UHHHH...errr....*TRIES TO AGREE* NO =)

i agree, i would always use that feature in the donkey kong country games

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Or you could just download the songs.
I don't find very useful having to play your game each time you want to listen to a certain song.
Just my opinion though.

I used to love those features on the old SNES games. Most of the games had a "listen to music" feature, and I really liked it.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Around the Network

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me...
I mean it is nice to have it but I just am focused on the game more.
and the quality of it

I prefer the Xbox strategy... Pop in any CD, rip it to the HDD, and listen to whatever music you want during the game. It is particularly nice for racing, puzzle, and any other game that has repetitive/crap music.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I remember some early PS1 games just had the tracks like files on a CD, I could just put them into my computer and copy away. Worked great for WipeOut and Wipeout 2097 which had some great tracks on them.

Hmm, pie.

Zack & Wiki has them all as unlockables.

rocketpig said:
I prefer the Xbox strategy... Pop in any CD, rip it to the HDD, and listen to whatever music you want during the game. It is particularly nice for racing, puzzle, and any other game that has repetitive/crap music.

Or, use an external USB hard drive and avoid all the annoying ripping crap while saving space on your proprietary system drive.  Custom soundtracks rule!

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.