By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 sales have passed that of the TurboGraphX-16!

Where is Virtual Boy? And the 32X...I have one of those so I know they sold atleast 1.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
back then. 10 million console sold was a very good selling console. Now a days we laugh at consoles that dont sell past 20 million that by generation end. Microsoft, you cut it close with the Xbox.

So did the GC. And the Xbox was laughed at, because they lost money as well. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Username2324 said:
I find it interesting, that list shows shipped numbers, and according to it, there are 17.7 million 360's shipped. I find this interesting because everyone claims the 360 was selling out, but according to that figure there are 600,000 360's sitting around somewhere

In North America. UK has plenty, went into Argos the other day, no Wiis, 13 PS3s and 45 360 Pros (no Elites mind you)

Hmm, pie.

disolitude said:
Where is Virtual Boy? And the 32X...I have one of those so I know they sold atleast 1.

I recall seing a figure of around 760K for the Virtual Boy. I have no idea why this site doesn't list it though...

The thing to remember about the TG16 is that it was marketed very poorly in the US, so it was mostly a Japanese console. By that standard it sold very, very well and left the NES/Famicom in the dust more or less the day it launched. It was only when Nintendo struck back with the SNES that it started to lose out, and even then mostly due to Hudsons failure to launch its successor to the TG.

The Saturn is almost the same situation. It was, by far, Segas most successful system in Japan but completely bombed in the US. Sales wise it beat the 64 in Japan and Japanese saw the console as the "hardcore" system - something every real gamer would own.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

lol I guess back then 10m must have been a fair bit. Its pathetic nowadays.

^^'' I thought it passed DC..According to VG shipments figures though =p...

Oh well nice thread ^^'';

Kudos to ps3, for accomplishing such an arduous feat.

^^^

Hehe you know its the goal of every game company, pass the TURBOGRAFX-16!!!

Wake me when it passes the GC and Xbox.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs